Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what'dja get?

Hybrid View

So, what'dja get?

What did everyone get this year? I was surprised with an orange Flip Ultra (a small video camera) I didn't think we could afford it this year. My little sister told me I was getting an 'Imaginaaaaation' box from Spongebob but I guess a camera comes close.

Niņo & Eliza

Parents-$100
    Grandparents-Monk seasons 2 and 3
    Tyler(cousin)-fuzzy posters to color(a unicorn one and a cat one)
    Aunt and Uncle-$40 giftcard to Petco
    Katie(cousin)-Flicka movie

I was so happy that everyone loved the gifts I gave them.I was soo worried about that.
    Last edited by Zippy; 12-26-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I think this year's theme was "Let's see if I can make Mom cry". Happy tears, though. My son Glenn gave me a calendar w/a pic of each of my Fur Posse on each month w/captions. My RB Puddy was on the cover and as soon as I unwrapped it, I started bawling and I mean really bawling. He said "Well, I feel just great now". I sobbed "No, honey, it's great, really!" ROTFLMAO! I just really miss that little calico queen and when I saw her pic, it hit me.

He also gave me a CD of Donovan who was popular at the height of the Viet Nam war and the flower power movement. I LOVED him and his hit songs "Sunshine Superman" and "Season of the Witch". Well, when I played it while in the shower, I bawled again because it brought back so many good memories, one of which is when my nephew Roger, who is actually older than I, just got a brand new car, a Road Runner, and he showed up at my house unexpectedly and asked "Wanna go for a drive?" He had his best friend Chaz w/him, whom I'd had a crush on when I was a pre-teen. My best friend Bonnie was w/me at my house, so the four of us went for a drive in the country on the most beautiful summer day of the year. "Sunshine Superman" came on the radio and Roger cranked it up and rolled all the windows down because he knew how much I like Donovan. So there we were, four young and fresh faces, riding around listening to the drug culture music. LOL

My son also gave me a really good Canon camera (I'll have to tell you what kind later. I'm such a doink.) He said "For our trip to England, Mom". Made me cry again. And we have tickets to see the Transiberian Orchestra next Tuesday and we're going to have dinner in Cleveland. It'll be a fun night.

He gave me miscellaneous other stocking stuffers but these were the biggies that made me so nostalgic and happy. I have a good son, the best, actually.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Fleece pajamas, jumper cables for in my car (I left the interior lights on one night and car was dead by morning), $25 gas card, $25 walmart card.

I'll probably spend the walmart card on stuff for my pets.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

My dear mum knows me too well. I asked her not to buy me anything. She, being the stubborn woman she is, ended up buying me a few things anyway.

- All seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD
    - The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD

I don't like watching tv much at all, both those are two series I absolutely adore.

She also donated $500 to my College Fund. In my 3rd year of college I plan to transfer to a private one to finish off my education. I can get a scholarship to pay for half of the tuition, but the other half I will have to come up with on my own. I think it is worth it, though. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    He also gave me a CD of Donovan who was popular at the height of the Viet Nam war and the flower power movement.
    Its wonderful to see another fan of Donovan on PT! Even though I was born after his reign I still think he is fantastic. In fact, I have recently been working on a portrait of him. I got about halfway through before putting it on the back-burner.
    (Keep in mind, it is far from finished!)
    Last edited by Casper; 12-25-2008 at 03:04 PM.

A twilight poster of just Edward from my daughter

A dooney bourke purse from my other daughter and some flowerbomb perfume, one of my new favorites. Some starbuck gift cards, an aromatherapy candle and some other candles.

I did pretty good for an old gal!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Hubby and I did not do xmas pressies for each other this year, we have had a lot of expenses lately, and besides i had a birthday five days before xmas and was so spoilt then,so no matter.

We gave the kids money and some little bits and pieces, perfume for my daughter.movie card,burger king vouchers that sort of thing, and I bought some lovely books for my great nephew.

We did get some nice chocolates cadbury milk tray, not opened yet, not bad for a confirmed chocoholic lol.,we ate the other ones son and girlfriend Amber gave us for xmas, we got them early,and melissa gave us forty dollars petrol vouchers, very handy indeed.

Work disappointed us this year, we usually get a 100 dollar supermarket voucher, big fat zero this year, and they have not paid out their bonuses either, so not a good year, still keeping his job is the best present ever i think in these hard times.

Actually both hubby and I were unwell xmas day, so it was not great, but both better today, we did have my parents over for a cafe style xmas lunch, with homemade goodies i made, xmas muffins, and chocolate peppermint slice, with cibatta (sp) garlic bread, club sandwiches,chocolate cheesecake,strawberries and grapes and savoury mince,potato top and bacon and egg quiche mini pies,and although we planned to go to our favourite buffet restaurant tonight for dinner, we had to cancel,never mind,maybe again next year.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    My dear mum knows me too well. I asked her not to buy me anything. She, being the stubborn woman she is, ended up buying me a few things anyway.

- All seasons of Star Trek: The Original Series on DVD
    - The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD

I don't like watching tv much at all, both those are two series I absolutely adore.

She also donated $500 to my College Fund. In my 3rd year of college I plan to transfer to a private one to finish off my education. I can get a scholarship to pay for half of the tuition, but the other half I will have to come up with on my own. I think it is worth it, though. :-)

Its wonderful to see another fan of Donovan on PT! Even though I was born after his reign I still think he is fantastic. In fact, I have recently been working on a portrait of him. I got about halfway through before putting it on the back-burner.
    (Keep in mind, it is far from finished!)
    Wow, you really captured Donovan's likeness! Great work! Can't wait to see the finished portrait.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

From my boyfriend:
    A Charlie The Unicorn shirt
    A Metro Station(band) shirt
    A Ludo(band) hoodie
    4 bars of Hershey's chocolate
    A Hannah Montana pen(I love her)
    Wall-E DVD
    The Twilight Series hardcover
    Definitely a good boy, I'm very happy with everything I got from him.

From my mom:
    A ton of understuff, everything. Needed it, Love it, it's great!

From my twin:
    A large purse
    2 sweaters and matching scarf
    What Happens in Vegas DVD
    A Twilight shirt

From my mom's boss:
    A ton of clothes, mostly tees and sweatshirts
    An ipod dock

I really love everything I got from everyone and really appreciate my boss's mom getting me stuff as well.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

from my mom-a new set of sheets, 2 laundry baskets and a pair of nice gloves

from my brother-a pillow(an oddly comfy one actually lol)

from my dad-gloves to match the jacket he gave me for my birthday and this etched crystal thing of a dog( a Boxer)

from my BFF and her SO-Batman the dark night DVD

from my BFF's family- a mat and bathroom set to go with my "stockmans gear" collection of household stuff

my boss-a lotion set and a cert. for a night out at the movies for 2(its good for 2 movie tickets, 2 popcorns and 2 regular drinks)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

My gift from Bruce was Taggart! So I got that early.

I basically got gift cards, which was exactly what I wanted.
    I got a couple other miscellaneous gifts, a bell (I collect them) and two Australian Shepherd calendars (each one different).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I just got home from my grandparents' house and from the extended family I also got
    SceneIt Harry Potter, which I totally smoked everyone at
    a nice horse necklace
    The Golden Compass on dvd
    $40 worth of Borders cards, which will go towards Tales of Beetle the Bard and the new Fall Out Boy CD, any extra will be used as a discount on an itunes card so I can buy the audio book I wanted, a Doctor Who one as read by David Tennant, the current Doctor.
    a horse calendar
    a t-shirt with a dog and cat on it from the SPCA

I also got some clothes from my parents including slippers that actually fit my big feet. I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the clothes I have now after moving twice in the last 5 months!

Niņo & Eliza

A John Lennon Biography from my brother, and money

A 2009 Wizard of Oz calendar from John's son's in- laws

A dog book from John's youngest son and his gf.

Don't need much or want much. As long as my 95 y.o. uncle is doing OK and Mz Logan is healthy, I can't ask for more. I didn't mention anyone else because my 2009 resolution is to stop being a pushover and worrying about everybody all the time, and take care of myself because I developed an awful ulcer. I have enough problems and I need to love me as much as I do others.

I've been Boooo'd!

From Mom - men's flannel jammie pants. She said I had commented on how comfy they are...I did??? LOL But no matter, they are great and I love to have them! It'll be winter for a while yet here!

AND a new hoodie with zipper...lovely!

And a new recycle bin! She just brought out this tall black Rubbermaid garbage can with the swinging lid with a bow stuck on the top and I just cracked up! I have 5 of them right now, for paper, carboard/newspaper, mixed plastics, foil/metal and returnable bottles. I guess this one is for plastic bags!

And 5 stick-on hooks for all my keys...and a nice top, burgundy all-in-one shirt and little sweater over it.

And home cooked turkey and all the trimmings!

From Medusa - this incredible collection of white chocolate "turtles" made with macadamia nuts with chocolate stripes, toffee with dark chocolate on one side and milk on the other, little squares of it; and little milk chocolate cashew clusters. I have sampled SOME of it, and it is GREAT!!!! *urp*

From my good friend Kim - an antique teacup and saucer, packed in layers of foam and bubble wrap, etc....a medium size box that weighed an OUNCE...this teacup is amazing. Yow!

It was a great day, it's a great season!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was spoiled this year..

A pink shirt with hearts on it
    A blue shirt with stripes (colored stripes, white, brown etc)
    A leopard spotted shirt to go with my leopard spotted pants
    A pink camo scarf
    Cat pajamas
    Dog Pajamas
    A hula hoop
    Glow Sticks
    Kung Fu Panda Blu-Ray (best movie ever)
    Dark red & white PJs
    A Special Ornament
    Chocolates
    Scented Bubbles
    From my Brother:
    The New Wall-E Movie
    The TNA Impact
    Candy Land (i never played it when I was younger)
    The New Operation game
    -----
    A Christmas Mug
    Red Slippers

From My Dad:
    A full painting set and the newest Monopoly game

Wow.. I really was spoiled... LOL.Merry Christmas everyone!

What I gave:

Love, love, love and more love..and two movies for my dad.