Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delilah, Maddie, London, and Bailey...too young to die.

Delilah, Maddie, London, and Bailey...too young to die.

These are the pups that passed due to Parvo. We pulled them from a pound in North Carolina. We were assured over and over again that they were healthy. They were suppose to come with health certificates, but did not. Two days after being here they broke with Parvo. We treated them at home, as we did not have the funds to hospitalize them....we did not expect this after being told profoundly that they were healthy and vaccinated. All of our efforts did not work. One died after another. We have one more pup with signs of Parvo, so we are doing our best to treat him. All we can do is what we are doing and pray.

Rest in peace sweet babies.....you are now free. At lease we gave you love and a warm home while you were here. You will not be forgotten. I am sorry I could not save you all.

Delilah. She was just 10 wks old. A sweet Boxer mix.

The three sisters. They were only about 8 wks old, if that. These sweet girls were said to be Shepherd mixes, but I think they were Beagle/Pug mixes.

Bailey

London

Maddie

This is Gracin. He is fighting hard to stay alive. Prayers are being sent all over for him to make it.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    This whole thing just breaks my heart. Why is that damn shelter that they came from still in operation??? I hope that someone can get the word out and shut them down!

Prayers that Gracin can pull thru this!

RIP in peace little ones. You're now free to run and play and be healthy RB babies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yes that is so darn Sad & Horrible.. Now did the shelter know this?? If so I will bet the dogs they have left have died as well from the parvo.. So Sad

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

LES
    My Taggart survived Parvo, so I am hoping little Gracin can pull through too.

Play hard at the bridge little puppies.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I found out this info on Thursday, two days after I received the pups. The pound knows. They have flunked their inspection 3 times by the county, but Reggie, the guy in charge has it good in with the man from the Dept. of Agri. in NC. There are many people out there trying to shut them down, and there is a meeting on January 8th and 9th with the Dept. of Agri. and county officials. I am faxing a letter, in hopes it does some good. They also have FELV going around and a lot of cats and kittens are dying.

They have a vet tech program at the pound. They take dogs/cats that are waiting to be gassed and use them to "teach" vet students how to neuter/spay, vaccinate, draw blood, and run tests. They have tested several dogs for Parvo and know they are positive for it, but still put them back into general population. They do spray cleaner, but not the proper cleaners, and they do not scrub anything down.

One of the dogs we have was suppose to have Heartworms, they supposedly tested him. Well, he is only 4 months. My vet said hearworms won't show up till at least 6 months, but she tested him again for me anyway and he was negative. We have to keep him with us until he is 6 months and we can test him again. He was kept seperate from all the other dogs because he seemed very sick, they thought it was because the HW. When we got him and took him to the vet, she said that he had a real bad URI, so we put him on Clavamox and he is kept away from all the other animals to be sure he does not get Parvo. He is so sweet and so much better. We are praying that he is okay too. I have had them since the 16th, late night, if they all make it with no signs till January 1st, that will be 15 days. Our vet said if they make it till then, then we have no worries about Parvo. Just keep praying please.

Thank you.

www.rornfp.org

Unhappy

Rest in peace sweet babies. Rocky will show you around up there!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Sassy has some experience up there to sweet ones. Dogs die at the hands of irresponsible people everyday, I can't believe the pound lied about these sweeties. Gracin babe please pull through!! PLEASE!! Praying hard for him. ROR, I swear you post so much about dogs you rescue passing on I don't know how you handle it. You're such a strong wonderful person to rescue these dogs and do all you can to help them. You truely are an angel to all animals.

I'm praying for Gracin. I had a soft spot for him since you introduced us to him. Come on LITTLE GUY You can fight!!

I'm so sorry all these sweet puppies have passed away. It's so unfair. Thank you for trying to save them and prayers going out for beautiful Grayson that he will survive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    ROR, I swear you post so much about dogs you rescue passing on I don't know how you handle it. You're such a strong wonderful person to rescue these dogs and do all you can to help them. You truly are an angel to all animals.
    Not really strong, just determined to save them from a horrible death. It is sad that I can not always do that. All I can do is love them while they are here and pray real hard. At least we have 7 healthy pups, an adult Lab, and a pregnant cat that we saved from that wretched (spelling?) place. I know they will not die an unnecessary, traumatic death by the hands of a heartless person.

Thank you all for you kind words. Gracin is showing signs of being okay...so far. He is eating, drinking, and pooping solid. Prayers still need to be made though, just to be on the safe side. Thank you everybody.

www.rornfp.org

This is just so horrible Tracy. I can't imagin the heartbreak you're going through loosing so many so fast. You and the remaining pups are still in my prayers. Hang in there girlie!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    This is just so horrible Tracy. I can't imagin the heartbreak you're going through loosing so many so fast. You and the remaining pups are still in my prayers. Hang in there girlie!
    Thank you Lexie. I really appreciate it. I am doing better....just knowing that the 8 pups are still doing well is really helping.

www.rornfp.org

Oh, how sad. :-( I have witnessed Parvo steal the life from a young pup once.. I can't imagine having to part with so many angels at once. I am happy, though, that they got to spend their last moments in a place where they could feel loved and cherished. You did a might fine job. ((((HUGS))))

I am praying hard for Gracin. I am glad to hear he seems to be doing okay. :-)

Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers area going out to Gracin. I hope he'll continue to do well. RIP sweet puppies.

How are the puppies doin? Any good updates?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I am going to Dog General to update right now.

www.rornfp.org