Thread: RAW Diet Recipe Needed

RAW Diet Recipe Needed

I've tried looking up Raw Diet Recipes, but I didn't have any luck in finding what I wanted (ingredient wise).

Digi has allergies to anything that comes from a cow or related animal & Crustations.. so I'm limited on what I can feed her. But regardless she still has her Orijin kibble to munch on all day long (shes very thin so I let her have access to food at all times, otherwise she will starve herself for months at a time.. I lost that battle).

These are the ingredients she likes raw & I eat myself (but cooked).

Chicken:
    She mostly eats the drum, the odd nailless feet+leg, the odd neck, & the odd thigh.

Duck:
    So far its all been cooked as I'm sharing my meal with her (no bones, just meat). I have raw feet+leg, raw neck + head in the freezer at Jordan's, just haven't brought it home yet. But I can get a small frozen duck for 9.95 or a big fresh one for 10-12.00.. so she will get some duck to switch it up.
    Are duck heads safe for dogs?

Fish:
    Shes not picky. I want to fish for fresh Salmon and any kind of fish I happen to catch next yr so are the bones, skin, scales, fins, & head safe for dogs?

Rabbit:
    So far its all been cooked (no bones, just meat), but I want to give her some to switch it up. So are the raw feet (nails removed) & head safe for dogs?

Eggs:
    Just the raw insides. The shells are for my turtles.

Carrots
    Sweet Potato
    Canadian wild Berries (blue berries, strawberries, raspberries)
    Apples

Mixed Frozen veggies:
    no onion, no mushroom, no butter, no salt
    Is salt in small amounts good for dogs like its good for humans?

What else should I add?

Remember she still eats her Orijin Kibble on the side.

She is 26lbs, but I'm aiming to get her up to 30lbs, as I hope that'll remove her boney butt She is a tall dog and could prob hit 40lbs and not be considered over weight IF she was a wider dog. But shes slim built so 30~35lbs is prob far more realistic and healthy for her build. The vet said she is very healthy for a super slim dog, so I shouldn't worry if I can't get her up to 30lbs. But she eats every bite of Raw I give her & She is getting a little tubbier in the spin area, so shes gaining weight! If she doesn't get to 30lbs, oh well, I'll deal with my boney butt dog that makes a better wall then a window

But on sat she was the heaviest she has ever been!! 26.6lbs!!! Her last high weight was 26.2lbs. Its not much, but its something!! She has only put on 2lbs since she was 6 months old. But she was so ill as a pup so we know her growth was terribly effected. + it was reduced from her lack of eating as we now believe that was related to the beef allergies she had
    She eats a lot more kibble then she use too, but its still not much compaired to her size.

Any additional help would be great!

There are lots of prepared raw foods and they all have pretty good websites that detail what they're putting in the food. You might want to look up: Red Dog/Blue Cat, Amore and Mountain Dog food (they also make cat I believe).

Chance, the 4 month old lab eats Mountain Dog.

Cali and Diego, the kittens eat Amore Rabbit/Salmon.

Might give you some ideas as to what you need.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

cool thanks

I looked at the packaged raw food. It was too expensive and I had to drive 45mins to get it. If I had one dog it would be doable, but not with as many as I've got.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.