Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it sound like your cat says any words when they meow??

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    What lovely stories! I have read that cats have developed verbal sounds as a result of being companion animals (i.e. they don't use these noises with each other or when not domesticated.) So it would seem logical that they would "imitate" human sounds.
    I have also heard that, and I think my two are the same. When I talk to Bassett I always say "Baby Bassett" or something like that, in a high pitched voice, and she always respond with a high sounding "Meow-meow!" When they get fishies in the morning, I make them say "Please!" and they respond with "Meeeew!"

I also talk back to them in their words, so maybe it's all a plot to turn me to their ways

Just like Yumyum, my cat Sam has asked to go out first thing in the morning after she has eaten her breakfast. My kids and I on different occasions have opened the front door for her when she asks to go ME-OUT! She asks us nicely so we always get the door for her so she can sit on the front porch and enjoy the fresh air. Of couse some days she just turns right around and comes back in if the weather isn't to her liking!

When my kitty licks his chops when he is done eating, he can say my name "laura" clear as a bell. He usually does it everytime he gets done eating.

How things,can change,in a Few Years,as JJJ3,has been,on the ardio,and still,as sevral Pet talkers,can testify,MMMMEEEEEOOOOWS ,For his Treats!But BJ,is gone,and that is sad.But,I am typing this,at home,with some of My Found Cats,around,Thanks to My Friends,on this wonderful Site,Pet Talk.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Briggs and my husband, Kyle have a two-way conversation at bedtime almost every night. Briggs starts it off, telling him goodnight (I guess), then Kyle will make cat noises, Briggs will respond and so it goes on and on til Briggs has said all she had to say and she quits. She always is the one to initiate the session and the one to say she's had enough. Kyle can try to engage her in conversation but unless she's in the mood... Well, we ALL know that the cats run the household and we are just there for chores.

And I get,into some chats,with the Found Cats,as well,and Meeeow,to them,all the time!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Weezie says "NOOOOOO!" Her cry is long meow. I'm a bad meowie, too! I'll tease her and go, "Weezie, are you pretty?" because she'll always answer, "Noooooo!"

When Eepie was a baby, she'd go "Eep. Eep." That's how she got her name. We were calling her Angel but when she'd meow I'd say, "Well, you're a little eepie, aren't you?" and so 'Eepie' stuck. Now that she's older, her meow is still very shrill but does actually sound like 'meow' now.

Grey Girl is a diluted tortie. She's got orange 'eyeshadow' around her large round eyes and it makes her look a bit confused, like she's not sure exactly where she's at, so I suppose it's just right she says, "Map? Map?" everytime she opens her mouth.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Sweet Pea says "YUM", and Chip coos like a pigeon, and goes "WOW"! Both are part Siamese, and quite the vocal pair.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Sassafras Root used to say "Mir" -- Russian for Peace.

Cassy and Livvy are more traditional Meowers.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/