Thread: In Memory of Hamlet

In Memory of Hamlet

Hamlet had to be put to sleep last week (December 5th, 2008). He was 17 years old. My heart is broken...

My big orange buddy was Cat-of-the-Day back in 2007, on January 25 (nearly two years ago). I actually just found out that he was COTD, by accident, when I googled "Hamlet" plus "orange".

Finding out that Hammy was COTD after he'd already died was like a present from kitty-heaven. My buddy's pic and my write-up about him is there on the Internet, reminding me how much everyone loved him! I read COTD viewers' posts on the threads for that day. Hamlet made a very BIG and lovely impression!!

Thank you, everyone, for your sweet words about Hammy back then. I never even realized it until a few days ago.

I am so grateful -- grateful for his long life, and for the love he shared with me! Goodbye, my dearest buddy, Hamlet...

This strikes a sad chord with me as my Michael the Draem is also 17 , and has had health issues this last year, and I know that noone lives forever.
    I looked up your Hamlet , and hes such an Owesome Orange Cat , and I know that there was an Owesome Orange Army to greet Hamlet, and give your Handsome Hamlet his wings of silver and gold, and lead Handsome Hamlet into Paradise with the Angel Angel Army.
    Hes now touring the world , looking for just the right place where you can be reunited in love
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So Sad about Hamlet.. Sorry for your loss.. RIP Hamlet & play hard at RB..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh goodness, my blackie Boo is 17 and I don't even want to think about the day that he'll no longer be w/me. I'm so sorry for your loss of handsome Hamlet. Please comfort yourself w/knowing that he's safe and well and free. RIP, Hamet and peace to your humans.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a GORGEOUS handsome boy Hamlet was in 2007! It's easy to see he was SO happy and SO loved - look at that face!

He had the best life possible because of you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Here is the post on January 25, 2007:

Hamlet is an extremely special and loving kitty. He turned fifteen this September! He is a very big boy, usually weighing in around 21 - 23 pounds. I like to say that he is just "big boned". He has grown a bit overweight in the last few years, but he battled a serious illness around this time last year, and got down to nineteen pounds. In addition, he has extra toes on each paw, and is quite tall. When standing, he is as tall as my kneecap. That is at least one full head taller than most cats I've met in my life. I do believe he may have some Maine Coon in his blood -- for that would explain his size and the fact that he usually "chirrups" (a kind of quick greeting-type purr) instead of meowing.

Hamlet and I picked each other out when we both lived in Michigan. He was so tiny then; he fit in the palm of my hand! He grew up quickly, amusing me with his "chirrup", and entertaining me with his special talent for fetching tinfoil balls. Now his favorite toy is a rainbow-colored ball.

I moved to Oregon when Hamlet was two. We spent four long days together in the car. That was stressful for both of us! Last December, I moved to Juneau, Alaska, and Hammy enjoyed (not!) his first plane ride. The first time he heard a big raven squawk loudly here, he ran for cover. Now he is used to the Alaskan birds. I like to say that Hamlet has finally found a state that matches his own size!

Another special thing about Hamlet is that everyone he meets gives him a new nickname (e.g. "Omelet," "Blanket," "Hammers-n-Nails," "Hamilton," "Sunpatch"). He has always been popular. When we lived in Oregon, I once swore that he knew more people than I did! Neighbors and passers-by would always stop and chat with him.

He is my best buddy, always keeping me company on my deck outside where we watch the birds together, or in bed at night, before the alarm clock rudely awakens us!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Beat me to it Candace.

I am so sorry on the loss of your beloved kitty, Hamlet. He was truely one handsome orangie, that's for sure.

Your Hamlet was very lucky to have shared 17 wonderful years with you.
    May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace beautiful boy and have fun on the RB.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

So sad to read about your Hamlet!!! Our Norton is 17 and we know that the day will come when he will go to the Bridge, too. Sleep softly, sweet ORANGEMAN Hamlet....

Thank you all SO much for your lovely Hamlet thoughts!!!

Thank you, dearest kitty lovers, for your sweet words and postings about my baby boy. I miss Hamlet soooooo much. The pain is unbelievable. I see him everywhere. I feel his absence so keenly. But, all of your kitties and your love for them all do warm my heart!! It makes my tears also tears of joy!! Thank you, thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Hamlet. May he rest in peace.

My prays are with you and your family.

Melissa