Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who is brave enough to put a tree up this year?

So who is brave enough to put a tree up this year?

We haven't had a Christmas tree since 2004 when Rocky and Rumor were kittens. That year was stressful because little Miss Jazzy taught the kittens to climb the tree. I decided I didn't want to go through that anymore and since I put a tree up at my Dad's and spend Christmas Day there I didn't feel I was missing out.

This year I kind of want to put a tree up and decorate but with seven cats I think I may regret it.

So who's brave enough? Any tips from you guys with multi pets?

From Decker with Love

Not I!!

I haven't put a tree up since Boris was a kitten, or behaving like a kitten, and knocked over the tree 3xs in one week.

I'm still not sure she won't do the same thing. Plus she eats everything that is live, so no flowers or anything!

Ha Ha you think I am Crazy or What?? Not Me.. Heck with all of my babies the tree would not last 5 minutes..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Ours went up yesterday, and tho the twins have never tried to climb it, one of them (Pepper) feels that the tree skirt is her own private blanket. She gets under the tree and digs and scratches at it until she has it all piled up in a heap, then she plunks herself down and enjoys a nice, peaceful sleep. The only way we can stop her from doing it is to put some presents on it so that she can't get it rumpled up - then she'll just find a tiny edge of it and claim that as hers and she seems to be contented with that.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 01-23-2009 at 09:24 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

trying to scare me?.. I already have mine up... so far the kitties have just gone around it and behind it.. not over it... LOL

besides mine is between two couches in a corner..... and I only have plastic ornaments... ... I´m a bit of a clumsy I´d break them all while taking them out of the box they came in if they were glass... LOL
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh just wait till they climb right straight up into the tree branchs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    trying to scare me?.. I already have mine up... so far the kitties have just gone around it and behind it.. not over it... LOL

besides mine is between two couches in a corner..... and I only have plastic ornaments... ... I´m a bit of a clumsy I´d break them all while taking them out of the box they came in if they were glass... LOL

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The dogs are the least of my worries....

I put up a tree and do you think I can keep HANNAH out of it? No WAY lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    The dogs are the least of my worries....

I put up a tree and do you think I can keep HANNAH out of it? No WAY lol
    I bet those twinkly lights and colorful toys are very tempting.. LOL
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

No me! My last tree was back in 1996 or 1997. Andy is a terror with trees so it is useless. He pulls on the light strings and knocks the ornaments off. Trevor, bless his little soul, would just go underneath and take a nap like a good boy. I did set up my small fiber optic tree the other day, and Andy had knocked it over in no time. To be honest, the way Ripley lifts his leg on every bush or mailbox when we go for walks, I would be afraid he would do that to a tree!

I have 3 cats and....

I usually put up 2 trees, and last year was the only year I haven't put a tree up at all. Owen was less than a year old. This year I only put the white one up (I loaned my boyfriend the green tree to put up at his house so he would have a tree) , and so far so good. Noone has been exploring in the branches (Cricket used to scale up the inside of the tree) and I have never had one knocked over. I have had a few ornaments broken which were glued back with super glue, no worse for the wear.

We were a little wary of putting up a tree this year with a kitten and a puppy (especially a puppy with a tail!). But we put it up anyway. It was up for about a week without decorations. We added some decorations this past weekend. The bottom portion of the tree is a no ornament zone. Since the tree is right by the back door and we let the dogs in and out that door. Taggart and his darn tail. LOL
    We've had to get Paizly out of the tree a couple of times. We only put a few ornaments on it because of the kids. And two of them broke the same night we decorated it. Any guesses on who broke them?
    Taggart? nope
    Paizly? nope
    Bruce!!! He broke both of them!!! So the animals score is 0 and Bruce's is 2.
    Paizly knocked one off but it didn't break. Lucky girl. LOL
    It is a rather boring tree, but it's still pretty with the lights on. I plan on getting pix of the kids (or half of them at least) in front of it, eventually.

Oh, Taz loves the Christmas tree. He loves to hang out under it. And occasionally he'll chew on a branch or two (it's a fake tree). But I stop him if I see him doing that. If you look at his COTD page from December 22, 2006 he is in his favorite place around the holidays.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    I bet those twinkly lights and colorful toys are very tempting.. LOL

LOL actually I figured she would be all about the lights... but it's the beaded garland she won't keep her hands off of. she likes it cause she can p ull it and swing it around. little bugger lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Even my older cats can't leave the ornaments alone so I decided to buy a cone shaped tree w/the lights on the inside. This tree can be displayed outdoors, too. Ok, it isn't the fanciest but it's a tree w/lights at least. I'm planning on shopping for another one this week, already decorated and w/lights, if I can find the time but for now, this one works just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We got in the habit of putting the family Christmas tree in a playpen when my parents had Gracie, the Great Dane. At her height, her tail could clear most of the ornaments off the tree in one happy moment - and we swore there was no connection between her brain and her tail. It was easier to put the tree in a playpen, that kept the ornaments safe from a certain tail, AND from the younger visiting grandchildren as well.

We stopped, however, putting candy canes on the tree during Gracie's 14-year reign - she LOVED candy canes. That was the only time she would drool, is if one dared eat a candy cane in her presence. Silly girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We stopped, however, putting candy canes on the tree during Gracie's 14-year reign - she LOVED candy canes. That was the only time she would drool, is if one dared eat a candy cane in her presence. Silly girl!
    That's hilarious! I would love to have seen that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11