Thread: Zippy and her teeth

Zippy and her teeth

Well I took Zippy to the vet because I found a lump on her.Thank God it turned out to be a fatty lump and she is in perfect health.But her teeth are bad so she is having surgery in jan.They are taking 2 out and cleaning the rest.
    Who esle has had there cats go in for dental work?I have never had a cat need any kind of surgery expect getting them fixed.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

First, glad the lump was benign!! Second, all the cats have had dentals done(and we have 8 cats!!!). Our Angel Princess, Raven(COTD 12/9/04)had all her teeth removed and lived, ate nicely for many years!!! She actually did put on a pound or two....Prayers that your Zippy will have a successful dental!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Four of my cats have needed dental cleaning and my mom's cat did also. It's not uncommon for pets to need their teeth cleaned. If you think about what our teeth would be like if we never brushed them....ewwww. Sometimes genetics play a big part is how often a pet needs a dentistry.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Taz had to have one of his fangs removed a few years ago. I was a nervous wreck, but all went well and he is fine.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We humans always get scared when our cats have to be under anesthesia but all my cats have gone in for one thing or another w/no problems, teeth cleaning being no exception. My RB Puddy had so many health problems but she still had her teeth cleaned until she became too sick. She had gingivitis and when she was around 6 or 7 years old, she had 6 teeth extracted. I doubt that my current vet would have pulled that many but my point is that she came through fine. Try not to worry.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks everyone.I feel a bit better about it know.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

My kitty Sydney has had dentals done before (in fact she is due for another in a few months). I remember when she was getting her first one I was terrifed. They had to remove several of her teeth, including one of her canines. The whole procedure actually turned out to be ok. Sydney was grumpy a few days after the procedure, but she adapted really quickly. Make sure you get a good bloodwork done before the procedure to make sure your kitty can handle the anesthia. This will detect any problems with organs in advance. If the bloodwork comes back clean, then everything should be fine. Good luck to little Ms. Zippy!!!!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!