Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Killian again

Killian again

For those still interested in Killian's trials and tribulations. The pace monthly meds are no longer working on his mouth. The dose was raised last month and it didn't even help for 3 weeks. Saturday his gums started bleeding on the walk-a-thon. Today we are going to try a new med and if it doesn't work, we will go a whole new route of treatment with steroids. I hope his liver holds up. The vets (there are two working on him now) are trying to work around his compromised liver. This is a constant battle. But we are not giving up.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh Sue, I am so sorry to hear that the Meds aren't helping poor Killian. I hope he is not in too much pain. And him having a bad liver doesn't help things. I hope the new stuff will help.

You are so brave and great for not giving up for Killi! Thanks for the update. Your special guy will be in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear that. I hope that your dr's find something to help that wil not further damage his liver. I wish you the best of luck!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Oh the poor pupper! I am so sorry!

I am relatively new here, and could someone post the original thread?? Thanks!

Oh Killian, tell your guardian angels to hit over-drive on the 'round the clock watch!

{{hugs}} sweet boy, stay strong, and get well soon!

We are thinking of you and your Momma!!

Originally posted by Cookiebaker
    I am relatively new here, and could someone post the original thread?? Thanks!
    Oh, Cookiebaker, the threads on Killian's health are so numerous that it would take hours to peruse!!!!! He had been diagnosed with a small liver and multiple acquired shunts after an ultrasound. Multiple shunts are inoperable because there are so many of them and Killian would not survive the surgery anyway. Since his liver is compromised, his immune system is poor, causing many assaults on his body. He has lip-fold pyoderma (under control), fatty cysts (some surgically removed, others under control), etc. BUT his gingivitis and teeth have been a constant source of trouble. He has had 8 teeth pulled to date. He takes monthly meds to try to keep it in control and now it is not working. He is in pain. I must stop it.

Thanks, again, for prayers. We need them.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

OMG! That sounds just too horrible!! We will certainly keep you in our thoughts, and just pray that a breakthrough my come if it is meant to be!! What a brave little boy! And you must love him so much!! I am so sorry!

Prayn for ya, Killian!

Originally posted by Sudilar
    For those still interested in Killian's trials and tribulations...
    This is a constant battle. But we are not giving up.
    Hey Killian ~

Hang in there, Buddy!!
    We'z ALL pullin fur ya!

An tell yer MawMee - of COURSE we're ALL still
    innerested in our Buddy Killian!!

Ebberbuddie - Katz, Dawgz, and Hoominz are krossin eberthin we
    can *kross* ~
    Pawz, Klawz, Finnerz, Tailz, and eben EYEz!

An Our Buddie God NEBBER turnz a deff ear when we mention Killian ~
    an we mention you a LOT! in our Prayerz!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Change of diet

Have you considered looking in to the B.A.R.F. diet for dogs? You may want to read up on it - and give it a try. Doesn't seem as though it would hurt.

Keep us posted on your pup's health!

Hi, sas,
    He has a home-cooked diet of high fat, low protein. It is a diet for his particular type of liver disease. Not all l-d dogs should be on this one.
    Thanks for the tip, though.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Ah, Killi-man, we sure are sorry to hear that you're having more troubles. You and your mom have been shining stars to us, working so hard at beating a very tough situation. Enlisting the help of caring and loving doctors, and then following their advice can be a tough road - we're praying that all your efforts will bring good health for you!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killian you and your Mawmee, Sue are in my prayers too. Stay strong sweetie.

As always, Sue, Killian is at the top of the prayer list. Please know that we are indeed interested in how he is doing, so you must keep us posted.

I'm so, so sorry hear about Killian's setback. I know how frustrating it is for you both Hopefully a course of new meds will get him back on all four paws very soon and not cause too much havoc with his liver. You are the BEST Mom Sue; never giving in or giving up on Killian. We love you and dear Killi very, very much. Paws crossed over our hearts in prayers for our beloved Killian. Love, Sandra, Star***Shine and Cody.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about Killi. He will be in my prayers. Poor guy. He's too sweet to have to endure this much. I hope the new meds work and work soon. Please keep us updated.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!