Thread: christmas

christmas

Is it my imagination or are there less Christmas lights on houses this year? Usually we put up tons of lights but this year we are painting the living room and doing some major redecorating inside so we are not doing the lights.
    Today here in Ohio the weather is horrid. I hope all this rain/sleet mixture doesn’t turn into a major ice storm.
    Today is my day off and I am so enjoying myself in the warmth and comfort of my home.
    I think I will make some hot cocoa with a dab or two or three of Cool Whip.
    I have a new book to read and two kitties with me on the sofa, life is good

I have noticed less lights too. Maybe people cannot afford the extra cost of the electricity.

Oh, and BTW - I am VERY jealous of you!!! I wish I was at home cuddled up with my babies.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Lots of people here have their lights up already... but the weather after thanksgiving hasn't been so great and most people here don't start putting up their christmas lights until after thanksgiving

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Lights have begun to appear on houses in our area - I would say it is too early to say yet whether this year will have fewer lights than previous years or not. But perhaps with the downturn in the economy, people are trying to conserve as much as they can ... My lights are not yet up, but they will be eventually!

I haven't been through Nonantum - the Italian nieghborhood of Newton, but every year they completely decorate a park and have a 12-foot high Santa state and a sleigh kids can climb into. I am sure it will be heavily decorated, as always!

If it helps I have to work the rest of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I have noticed less lights too. Maybe people cannot afford the extra cost of the electricity.

Oh, and BTW - I am VERY jealous of you!!! I wish I was at home cuddled up with my babies.

We decided to not put Christmas outside lights up this year, because the only people that see are house is the family and a couple of neighbors.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)