Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A few new Pet Talk features - updates added

A few new Pet Talk features - updates added

Early this morning we upgraded vBulletin, the software that runs Pet Talk, to take advantage of the numerous security patches. Hopefully, this will help keep Pet Talk safe from spammers and hackers.

This new software also adds a few new features like user created photo albums, message tagging and social bookmarking. I will turn on the social bookmarking feature so that we may try it out. If it is too annoying we will turn it off.

Paul

I had seen the tags... and wondered if they were there before ...

the social bookmarking.. what´s that about?.. how does it work?...

did you checked out the photo autoresizer I mentioned before?...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Yay, colors works again!

I just added a group.. but have no clue how to "advertise" it... or how do people see it
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

We are new to the "group" feature, and are not sure whether we will keep it yet. It might be like cliques at school - and we wouldn't want people to feel left out ...

No, I don't know yet how to advertise a group! Please bear with us as we explore this upgrade!

Husky mom, I saw your "group". And I added one just to test this out. It's fun!

I also tried to upload a picture to my group, but no luck yet. Not sure I'm doing it right, though.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Ok, this all sounds like you guys are speaking a different language. Please explain groups and tags. I don't get it.
    (Keep in mind this is the ONLY forum I've ever been a part of, so I don't know some things.)
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Ok, this all sounds like you guys are speaking a different language. Please explain groups and tags. I don't get it.
    (Keep in mind this is the ONLY forum I've ever been a part of, so I don't know some things.)
    the tags are just like the ones you could use in photobucket or facebook....

when you post a thread you can add... cat, taz, paizly, portrait, etc.. or dog, taggart, zoee, park

notes-to-my-husband blog

have you checked your profiles.. theya re kinda neat.. I´ve seen this structure in a bird forum and thought was neat...

notes-to-my-husband blog

I figured out how to add pics in a group... once you have created an album and uploaded some to that, you can get the url from there.

Taz Zoee, check out faq's!
    Last edited by Randi; 12-01-2008 at 02:41 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hmmm...don't use photobucket or facebook although I've heard people mention the names. Guess I might check it out, time consuming is it?

ever used youtube?.. you can use tags there too...

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

This new software also adds a few new features
    like user created photo albums,
    message tagging and
    social bookmarking.

I will turn on the social bookmarking feature so that we may try it out.
    Paul
    < deep sigh >

I dunno, but maybe a paragraph or two - or a least a couple of
    complete sentences
    about WHAT a feature is supposed to do or accomplish,
    and a brief TUTORIAL on just How to DO it / USE it -
    would sure be nice!!

Referencing a "similar feature" on some other web site doesn't help much if
    you don't frequent the referenced web site.

"My Group" already smacks of cliques starting ... NOT a good thing!

We are still figuring out much of this as we go along. We hope others will also post as they find new things. This thread, for example, has a teeny blue "tag" icon to the far right of the box the thread title is in when you see the thread listed in the forum. That means someone has entered "tags" for this thread.

Another difference is the way attachments are displayed. Now, instead of taking you to a new window with just the full-size image, the software opens the picture in a new box, but keeps the thread open behind it, just greyed out darker. I like this, and think it is easier to understand, as I know sometimes people got confused with the old method. What do people think?

See the We caught a Moose thread for reference - she has four attachments in the first post.