Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The world with lots of handguns in it!

The world with lots of handguns in it!

Guess we will need metal detectors in toy stores now....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4637468.shtml

That was so sad and strange. My mom and dad went to Palm Desert once when they were in California visiting my cousins. They said it was beautiful and upscale. When I heard this story I thought how odd, that doesn't seem like the kind of place where a shopper would take a gun into a store. In Chicago, maybe. But not there. Same thing with the Wal-Mart employee who got trampled by the shoppers, strange and sad.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    In Chicago, maybe.
    Why would you think this would be more likely to happen in Chicago?

*Edit*I emailed the city of Palm Desert, Calif for copies of their firearm laws to compare with Chicago's.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Why would you think this would be more likely to happen in Chicago?

*Edit*I emailed the city of Palm Desert, Calif for copies of their firearm laws to compare with Chicago's.

That would be a very interesting thing to see, I hope you get a reply!

The local press is reporting that it was a "personal" situation that led to the shooting. The local TV ran a clip of a "person of interest" being cuffed while leaning on the rear of a sheriff's cruiser.

She looks like she is Mexican and is yelling to someone off camera, "I am going to kill you!".

This POS can't even control herself AFTER the person she was with was shot and killed. MY take? Let's give thanks for selective culling of the herd. These two AHs took each other out and thank god they didn't hurt anyone else.

---------

Palm Desert is just like any out lying area of a large Metro area. The scumbags that cannot afford the city and are willing to work at cheaply paid jobs have moved out to the desert areas where they can be scum with little or no law enforcement intrusion.

---------

Judging by all the murders that have happened at toy stores in the last 20 years, it's time to take a stand.

The councilman says his question is: who takes a loaded gun into a toy store. And his answer is: "I doubt it was the casual holiday shopper."

Now there's the newest oxymoron I've heard:

casual holiday shopper

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    This POS can't even control herself AFTER the person she was with was shot and killed. MY take? Let's give thanks for selective culling of the herd. These two AHs took each other out and thank god they didn't hurt anyone else.
    But isn't that just it? What if I am not a AH or POS or whatever...what if I am just a person in Toys R Us...someone who wants to buy a toy.

And I am dead. Because of the guns.

Am I any less dead because I am not one of the AH or the POS or ..whatever?

Does that make me part of the herd or not part of the herd?

No. I am dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    But isn't that just it? What if I am not a AH or POS or whatever...what if I am just a person in Toys R Us...someone who wants to buy a toy.

And I am dead. Because of the guns.

Am I any less dead because I am not one of the AH or the POS or ..whatever?

Does that make me part of the herd or not part of the herd?

No. I am dead.
    So you would confront and provoke someone who is brandishing a firearm? Why would you take such an action unless you are armed?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I'm so sick of this nonsense.

AGAIN... no one posts the articles about the guns that SAVE INNOCENT people.

Yeah... criminals kill people... OMG shocking

but whatever... I know the stance.... I'm not going to try to change your mind... but I am also not going to put my families life in your hands either.

like I said before. YOU don't have to like it... but my daughters life will be in MY hands and my husbands hands... NOT yours.

I will NOT be trusting her life in the event of the "unthinkable" to YOU or the POLICE.

You don't have to like it.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

So you would confront and provoke someone who is brandishing a firearm? Why would you take such an action unless you are armed?
    No, she would not have to confront anyone. She could have been simply a shopper who got hit by a stray bullet. You know - one of those drive-by victims.

11. Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I will NOT be trusting her life in the event of the "unthinkable" to YOU or the POLICE.

You don't have to like it.
    I have no interest in protecting your daughter. She is your responsibility.

Just be careful and don't take her to any Toys R Us! You never know who might be armed there. And a faster draw than you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    No, she would not have to confront anyone. She could have been simply a shopper who got hit by a stray bullet. You know - one of those drive-by victims.
    She wouldnt get down or run to get out of the area? I didnt realise the shooters at the ToysRUs drove into the store.

A PSA for anybody afraid of people legally carrying a concealed firearm in stores, restaurants and, with few exceptions, other public places. Stay out of Alaska. Anybody who can legally own, and purchase a handgun can carry concealed here.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

She wouldnt get down or run to get out of the area? I didnt realise the shooters at the ToysRUs drove into the store.
    You know darn well I wasn't implying anyone actually drove into the store. Did you read the latest article about this incident? The guys pulled out handguns and ran down the store aisles shooting at one another. Imagine that one or more of those bullets strayed from the intended target and landed in the next aisle? Imagine again that there was a person in that aisle? Imagine once more that the person was hit by the stray bullet?

THAT is what I meant by drive-by victim. The innocent person, hit by a bullet, shot by some nutcase. It happens in Detroit frequently. I don't imagine that the 3 month old baby, asleep in his crib, had a gun under his pillow to shoot at the bad guys. And a 3 month old was killed not too long ago - just sleeping in his crib.

A PSA for anybody afraid of people legally carrying a concealed firearm in stores, restaurants and, with few exceptions, other public places. Stay out of Alaska. Anybody who can legally own, and purchase a handgun can carry concealed here.
    That doesn't bother me at all. I have several friends who have CPLs. They are law abiding citizens who have passed all the requirements in order to obtain a CPL.

It's the people carrying illegally who concern me.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    That doesn't bother me at all. I have several friends who have CPLs. They are law abiding citizens who have passed all the requirements in order to obtain a CPL.

It's the people carrying illegally who concern me.
    Here in Orange County the now-on-trial-for-corruption former sheriff gave out concealed weapon permits as political favors. The new sheriff is trying to review the permits and make sure they only go to people who need them and have proved they are qualified.

The Gun People are in an uproar. The entire editorial page in today's paper...the outrage!

So if you are in SoCal....you need to be careful shopping in Toys R Us AND worry about some of the people legally carrying concealed weapons. And be careful sleeping in your crib. Or sitting on your front porch. Or driving on the highway. They're everywhere.