Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible start to my birthday.. :( Poor Kaedyn..

HUGS.

Do NOT feel bad. When food is involved, the gloves are off and the dogs are crated. I don't care how many years they've been living together and how well they get along during all other times of the day. I don't care. When resources are involved, the dogs are supervised like a hawk/confined.

At least Kaedyn isn't a greyhound, or else you'd have this one your hands:

This was Ivy's first and only scuffle with Giselle, but she has had *many* scuffles with Lucky. We know what Ivy's triggers are and how she'll react. Is she sorta "not right" in the head? A little, but we know that and we made a commitment to her. She's workable and managable, and, for all of that, we just can't give her up.

MANY hugs to you. I definitely feel your pain!

Hugs and kisses go out to you and the pup. I am sure all will turn out to be just fine in the end.

The vet visit went pretty well. The vet said she only spotted one new wound. It was inside his ear, which is probably why he was whining. The other two I found looked old. One was scabbed over but looked like it was aggrevated in the fight, and the other was trying to heal but had puss and hair in it. She flushed them out and said they both should heal fine on their own. All I need to do is keep it clean and give him his meds.. he should heal up fine.

We did, however, find out that he needs a tooth removed, and a dental cleaning. I knew it was coming but again, I've been so caught up in paying past vet bills that I really couldn't afford to do this right away. It's not super urgent so I have time to save the $700..

My vets must love me.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I know exactly what you are going through,My Lacy and Molly have had there rounds at eachother too,Things are better now but i now know what to look for and when they get grumpy with one another i remove them from the situation immediatly.Molly and Lacy are never left alone when we are not here,I dont take that chance anymore.

I said too that i would rehome Molly but i just could not come to terms of not having her around.It has been months since there last skwable so things seem to be working out.

Hugs to Kaedyn and Keeva hopefully this is there first and last fight!

Tatum and Shawnee used to fight. One of their fights once was just brutal. But if it makes you feel better, I've gotten the staples for Shawnee (as opposed to the expensive stitches) and there were no scars left or no spots where hair wouldn't grow back -- nothing like that. She heeled just fine. Also, Shawnee and Tatum haven't fought in almost a year which I credit to walking them side by side practically every day for the past 11 months. It really does help. I really hope everything works out well for you.

Oh, poor guy, hope he heals up quickly.
    we've had dog fights here too. Very difficult to deal with, I hope you can find a livable solution.

I'm sorry this happened, especially on your birthday. I've never been in a situation with owning two dogs, but I've seen two dogs fighting before and it was awful. They often sound alot worse then they are. I'm glad Kaedyn is alright though! =)

Oh noooo!

I'm so sorry, Ashley. What a terrible birthday present, indeed.

I really hope Kaedyn heals quickly and easily, and I hope this doesn't ever happen again. I think it's more about management than anything, and yes, scuffles do happen... just like with people! I bet Kee and Kae will kiss and make up. Now that you know they're iffy together, I'm sure you can work something out that prevents any more spats.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

What a scary way to start your Birthday I hope you were able to have a nice Birthday, dispite the dogs' scuffle. I've never had a dog fight with my dogs but growing up we had a GSD/beagle mix, Keefer, who just hated other dogs. I remember my mom opening the front door to grab the newspaper off the porch (this was when I was a small child and we didn't know about dog training) and Keefer bolted out the front door and went right towards a lady walking her sheltie. Keefer picked up the sheltie by the neck and shook him. It was so traumatic. I was maybe 7 years old and I still remember it. I wish I didn't see it. The sheltie ended up doing OK, but his voicebox was destroyed, so he could no longer bark after that incident. How scary it is when dogs hurt each other. We love them so much and hate when they disagree and resort to violence.

I hope everything is starting to return to normal now and the naughty Keeva is behaving herself around her siblings.