Thread: Angel decides to mess with my head.

Angel decides to mess with my head.

Last night my sister and a friend came over to watch "Top Chef." We had a yummy dinner; the show's taking place in New York this time, so we fixed New York strip steaks, salads reproduced from a New York restaurant menu, and cheesecake.

The cats (who are shy of people) all hid upstairs until about halfway through the show, when Angel appeared. I was surprised because he's one of the shiest of the group. My surprise turned to amazement when he waltzed over to the sofa and proceeded to rub all over my sister's and friend's legs, purring like crazy. He kind of fell in love with my sister's feet--you'd have thought she was wearing catnip shoes. And he allowed (heck, positively encouraged) them to pet him. Completely unheard of!

I couldn't believe it! I asked him who he was and what he had done with my cat.

Did you check for an itty-bitty zipper? Perhaps he is a New York Fan!

When any of my Fur Posse does something out of character, especially if they're chumming up to me, I always get suspicious and ask "Ok, whaddaya want?"
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio did the same thing to us.

We were planning a Christmas party and my friends all wanted to meet her. I warned them ahead of time that she was so shy that they probably wouldn't catch a glimpse of her the whole night.

Well, she strolled out and rolled around the middle of the living room floor for hours soaking up all the love and attention.

Kitties just need to prove us wrong! I think they derive great pleasure from it.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Kitties just need to prove us wrong! I think they derive great pleasure from it.
    I think you're right. The foster family that I visited last week has a cat that I placed w/them 4 years ago. They said "She probably won't come out. She keeps to herself and is shy of people." She not only came out, she ran up to me, meowed at my feet as if she remembered me! I bent down to pet her and they said "Oh but she won't let you pet her". Wrong again. Then I picked her up and they said "She won't even let us pick her up. She'll probably fight you". She purred away. I only held her for about 30 seconds because if she truly doesn't like to be held, then I didn't want to stress her. But I loved the entire scene; she shocked them both and gave me a good giggle. She was just a kitten when I placed her w/them, my little Starr Kitty.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Did you check for an itty-bitty zipper?
    A thorough inspection (a/k/a tickling) of the suspect's belly just now revealed no trace of a zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    When any of my Fur Posse does something out of character, especially if they're chumming up to me, I always get suspicious and ask "Ok, whaddaya want?"
    I actually wondered whether Angel was getting so tired of Caly mugging him that he was hoping my guests would fall in love with him and help him escape from the evil little tabby monster.

My girls are both a little shy of people in the house. They typically hide, and if the guests are there long enough, one or both may wander out to look around. However, my (past) neighbor, who loves cats, always admired them through the window. They both would sit on the windowsills when she and I would be outside chatting in the driveway. One day she came inside, and I warned her that they are shy, but what happens, they both went right up to her and started rubbing allover her legs and purring! They let her pet them (no holding though)!!!! I was amazed. She looked at me and said, "I thought you said they were shy?!"

Yep, proved me to be crazy!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I HAVE THE SNEAKY FEELING THAT THE SMELL OF NY YORK STRIP LOIN STEAKS, CHEESE CAKES ETC MAY HAVE BEEN JUST THE THING TO MAKE YOUR ANGEL OUT!!!
    I HAVE THE FEELING MY FOUND CARS WIULD JOIN THAT PARTY TOO, AND STARE AT THE GUESTS AS THEY PUT THE STEAKS INTO THIER MOUTHS.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That was so sweet. It is nice when they come for some attention. It is a very, very rare event in this house too.