Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hermies *VERY funny story*

New Hermies *VERY funny story*

So I came home from school and no one was home, my brother and my sister had gone out to buy me two new hermit crabs as a surprise, because not having a crab in my room sucks. So, she got me a pretty large one and with a batman shell and a tiny adorable one. She picks up the huge one to show my dad and he pinches her. He WOULD not let go, and she kept screaming and crying. It was the funniest scene. We tried spraying him with water, but it didn't work. We had to put him under the faucet and kept dumping water on him, my sister was only making him more scared and he kept pinching harder. It was SO funny!! I_luv_rusty was here and we were both in my room crying we were laughing so hard. We eventually got him off. It sounded like a murder was taking place. My mom said she was surprised the neighbors never called the cops.

So, I got two new hermies, and they are very cute. The big one scares me a little but the little on is so nice. *pics will come soon!* I HAD to tell you that story XD

LOL... I don´t think you rsis thought it was funny... ...

congrats on th newbies!! any names yet?
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I was going to name him Bruce Wayne, after Batman's secret identity. But I'm re-thinking the name, I'm probably going to name him Brute because of what he did the first day we got him. I must admit she made it MUCH worse by screaming and shaking her hand, she was scaring him more. Hermit crabs really only pinch in defense or if they feel they're going to fall. He wasn't being defensive. LOL, I'm STILL laughing at this. The little one doesn't have a name yet.

LOL, oh sorry. Your poor sister. *chuckle chuckle*
    Yeah, I can see why you are scared of the bigger one after that little fiasco!

Can't wait to see pictures!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Can't wait to see pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Here's the cute one-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 016.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	40770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 017.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	40771  

Aww, adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

LOL!! Congrats on the new hermies. I rarely pick up my big guy because no matter how I hold him, he's able to sneak a pinch in.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

LOL, same here, well now. Physco crab as we call him now pinched me last night and would not let go, my mom did the same thing, he finally came off. OUCH!! It hurt like HELL. We were going to return him but then had a change of heart. He's now in my sisters room, but I got a new hermit today LOL, he's a tiny one, a partner for the other tiny cute one. I'll have to get pics, I want to name him Otto and the little girl might be named Shelly. Physco is alone because I don't now what he'd do to the other crabs, and we can't trust him too much. The little ones so far have not been too bad at pinching, they don't ever try.

Both your hermies are adorable.Sorry to hear about Mr.Crabby pinching everyone.Maybe he will mellow out as he gets used to his new home.Congrats on the new hermies
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Sokka (our big guy) gets along great with all the other crabs, especially the smallest (Momo). They are always hanging out together on the wood, chirping at each other and waving their attennae.

I find the ones that are closer in size argue now and then and usually about shells.

Psycho will most likely get along with your other crabs. They are very social creatures. He shouldn't be kept alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Sokka (our big guy) gets along great with all the other crabs, especially the smallest (Momo). They are always hanging out together on the wood, chirping at each other and waving their attennae.

I find the ones that are closer in size argue now and then and usually about shells.

Psycho will most likely get along with your other crabs. They are very social creatures. He shouldn't be kept alone.
    Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to let them out together often. I have two in cage and Physco gets his own. The cage I have is too small for three, ATM. I read online that the bigger ones attack the little ones and "Eat them". I never believed it because I have had a huge one and small one before and they got on pretty well, then again they never really came out. Jeri was alone for all 9 months I had him and did perfectly fine but I understand your point, Ramanath. Thanks for the info!

No problem!

I found this website very useful:

http://www.thecrabbagepatch.com/index.html

Good luck!

LOL at this story, Alyssa! Physco sounds like such a character. :P

I don't think I knew that you'd lost Jeri.

Zimbabwe 07/13

LOL yes it's funny as long as it's not your hand being pinched.