Thread: Jealousy?

Jealousy?

Has anyone gotten a new pup after having a dog being used to getting all the attention? I'm thinking Jo will be jealous of the new pup when I get it. She's protective of her toys, and I don't think she'd want a pup playing with them..but, before Ruf died, she let him chew on all her stuff he wanted too. Usually she doesn't like it if I go to pick it up, she'll run up and steal it. Ruf never chewed on stuff, so I thought it was sweet Jo let him have it as long as he wanted. Anyway, she's used to getting all the attention now, so I'm not sure what she'd think. I know she'll never be neglected, and I'll always love her more then anything, but I doubt she knows that lol. I plan to buy the new pup all new toys for it, do you have any other sugestion?

Oh, dad said once I'm a little into my school year and get some good marks he'll let me buy my puppy :] I can't wait..er, sorry, I'm sure that's getting old! :X

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I haven't had that problem with dogs, but I did with cats. When I used to have Snowball, and she was about four or something, my husband brought home Sally. Snowball hated Sally because now everyone fussed over her, and whenever Sally tried to play with her, she just walked away. It was kind of sad. Anyway, then Snowball ran away when she was about Sally's age, and to this day I still wonder if Sally ever remembers and/or thinks about Snowball. I bet she does. Now I am just going to go leave the room and wipe away my tears and think of happy things...I MISS HER SO MUCH!!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

BUY or ADOPT??

I think Jo will do just fine after she gets used to it. Because right now Simba is laying on my bed with my brother's pup and at first he was growling at her. Just give them time to adjust to each other and im sure they'll do fine. Never leave them by themselve together though.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

BUY or ADOPT??
    Adopt Unless there are absolutly no dogs in the HS again for a while..Guess thats good though lol. I kinda hope there is a few when I go though, I really wanna adopt. The HS charges 100 bucks for any dog pure or not, with 50 bucks off getting it spay or neutered.

Jo's met pups before which she was good with..I think/hope she'll be fine, it's not like I'll be ignoring her. The pup will be sleeping in the kitchen at night till it's house trained, and jo will sleep with me. I can only imagen 2 dogs trying to sleep with my on my single bed LOL, I doubt that will work...

I get to sleep with two doggies tonight Honey is spending the night

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Aww thats great! I hope you have a bigger bed then me! lol. Jo takes up like 50% of my bed, I barly have room! lol. Do you think by Sim getting along so well with honey it will show your parents he's good with it? Like if you were to get another one someitme?

Sadie was about 11 mos old when be brought home Cincy. We took sadie with us to help pick out her little sis, but she wanted nothing to do with the puppies. She wanted to play with the kitten. Since I'm allergic, we had to tell her no.

The first night we brought Cincy home, I cried half the evening. I was sure we had made a huge mistake. Sadie wanted nothing to do with this poor little pup and she seemed a little irritated with us for bringin it home. Day by day things got better and in no time they were inseperable. They love to play to together and they get along great. No fights at all (play has gotten a little rough, but never had to say more then "Time Out" and they back away)

Another story, my paretns had Oreo as an only dog for 12 years. She hadn't a clue how to play with another dog. Then they got Dazzi and they get along just fine. Play together, watch for each other. it is amazing. Oreo isn't as good with Taggert, cause he is still a puppy and too wild for her, but she has come a huge distance in accepting other dogs in the last year.

Thanks, I should make sure to keep an eye on them for a while :] I had Ruf for 12-13 yrs before we got Jo, but he's so calm and well behavied he'd never do anything anyway, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I know when we brought Patches to my moms house to live with us a while, my cat Smitten HATED her at 1st. The kitten was to young to understand I guess, but Smit just hissed 'till they got to know each other. I guess it's the same with most animals :]

After having Angus for 10 yrs with only Keisha, I thought he'd never get used to another dog, that's why I wanted to get a pup. He never seemed to like any dog that already has it's own "personality". But after a couple of days, he was fine. The same goes with Huney (but she DID already have her own personality!), it just took him a couple of days, and then he was fine with her!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Reggie is VERY jeoulous of Nebo. VERY! It's pathetic. I've had Nebo since about half way through July, and they Reggie still hates him. Smokey really doesn't care either way, as long as Nebo isn't bugging him (which unfortunately he loves to do). Reggie will go running up to his kennel or dog run and just *wait* for me to let Nebo out so he can growl/bite at him. He has been a real butthole, sorry, but he has lol. I don't think you will really have that many problems with Josie, as I doubt she is as snotty as Reggie is. I knew I had to get a puppy, and I'm glad that I did. I can't even image if I would have got an adult dog...the adult wouldn't have taken Reggie's crap.

I bet Josie will get along great with another dog, it will probably just take a few days. She seems like the type of dog that would be pretty friendly to other dogs. Definitely don't leave them alone together for quite a while. Lol, Reggie and Nebo's first meeting DID NOT go well at all. My mom had Nebo in the kitchen, and I went to let Reggie out of his kennel.....I was just going to let him outside, but I guess he had heard the puppy, and went tearing upstairs before I could grab him....He went right for Nebo, just growling at him. It scared the piss out of Nebo...literally, lol. He peed all over the floor, and hid the rest of the day. Poor Nebo.

Thanks Amy I doubt Jo would attack/bite the puppy. She's met little pups before, and seemed fine..I think she'll be ok by not hurting it (I hope!) But she'll prob be jealous or hurt, or whatever..I'm not sure if dogs feel left out?? So I'll have to make sure to spend a lot of time with her after working with the pup. I want to take the pup to the dog park as soon as I can after it gets its shots..so hopefully it will get socialized with people and dogs so it won't bark like Jo does at EVERYTHING!! She's afraid of everything. I can't wait to start training my pup, I hope to see results which when I messed up with Jo, will be fixed with the pup, unless of course, she learns from Jo. Gr. Anywho, I've decided if I find the right pup, I'm going to adopt it next weekend, not this one coming (Because I won't be home for most of it :[) but next one. I want to be with it all weekend if I can Eee. I'm probably annoying you all with my excitment :[ Sorry.

Could anyone help me with names? like give me a few?
    Female names I like: Bailey (I really like it..) ..
    Male: Cosmo (I think thats how you spell it anyway lol..I think it would suit a GR!) Dakoda, Judson (Er, I duno, but it's kinda cute..)
    Anyone else have any neat names??