73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 19.18%
  • No

36 49.32%
  • Maybe

23 31.51%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you plan on adding a pet to your family in 2009?

I was planning on adding a bird the family the past few months, but if it wasn't one thing happening, it was 10 others.. So that most likely won't happen any time soon. I would still like to have a bird at one point, but I'm not sure if that will happen in 2009 or not.

As far as dogs go, I don't plan on adding anymore dogs to the family.. Alize' adores us, Brynn, and Deebo.. But isn't too fond of strange dogs, just because she is protective of Brynn & me. We could probably introduce a puppy to the family, and make it work out, but we are just going to stick with the 2 we have for now.

I love cats, but don't see having one of those either.

But as others have said, things sometimes just happen so you never know until it does. I voted maybe.

I said yes. Turkeys will be available starting March as they are every year. They are seasonal, so only available certain months of the year.

It just depends what happens next year but certainly could be another pet too.

I wasn't gonna announce this to anyone else(other then Cindy) for now but Yes, I think we may be adding another family member to our house, a cat or dog, but I would MUCH prefer a dog. No offense to cat people, I would love both but if I had to choose one, I would choose a dog. I can't take cat for a walk, hike, etc. I just want a pet to love again, I know I have Star and she's m heart bird but there's only so much you can do with a parakeet. Anyway, I am such a dog person it does sometimes gets embarrassing. I loved Max with all my heart, but it was just not meant to be I guess. My mom said if I don't nag, then maybe. Its like a 50% I'll be owned by a dog before the summer.

Recently, I think having a dog blinded me from society and how bad it can be sometimes, and after seeing what people(including some friends) can do to you, I think I NEED a pet to go to when I have no one else. Ok yeah ill stop I'm getting all corny now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    I don't plan too, but then most of my additions are never planned. *laughs*
    Well, 2008 brought you 4 more geckos and a bunch of Hermit Crabs, and lately I've been hearing the words 'skunk' and 'hedgehog'.......

Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

Just Betta's, no hairy 4 leggers .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

we may or may not add another leopard gecko.. we also might adopt a spca adult cat at somepoint.. we'll see how it goes..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I just added a sphynx Dec 10th.
    She is my only purebred cat and I plan on showing her.
    I might had another one this if I learn how to show.
    I am afraid I will not have coco much longer either because she has crf and is almost 17.

I don't plan on any more pets except maybe some fish for the 20 gallon. Other then that no, not planning any.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Read my avatar. Absolutely not!!! No room at the Inn, nada, bupkis, nothing, no one.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My place is crowded with my furbabies (two cats and a rabbit), but I never say never. I will say not right now (though I'd love to!)

Just added two tree frogs last week!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

I am planning on getting a hermit crab over the summer. I finally talked my mom into letting me get one. Or I'll get a frog, either one.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

Since we lost LB we have an openning. within the next couple of weeks BRIE will be commig from S.C. This baby 1 year old was turned in with her kittens. The kits were adopted but becouse of only half a tail she was not. As soon as she gets over her UTI she WILL be heading north too join the "CREW"
    GILL & Crew;

Well Congrats John & family of a New Member to Arrive.. Well I am in two weeks to transport from TX to OK & Back to TX to my house another baby.. He has a Deformed left front leg we going to have removed.. Yes I will be Adopting him.. He will be another TriPod when we get the Deformed Leg removed..
    Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    Since we lost LB we have an openning. within the next couple of weeks BRIE will be commig from S.C. This baby 1 year old was turned in with her kittens. The kits were adopted but becouse of only half a tail she was not. As soon as she gets over her UTI she WILL be heading north too join the "CREW"

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

well lets see...I added a Bunny today, and we have an order of 2 snakes and 4 Gerbils comming. 3 of the Gerbils are from Europe, 1 from Quebec and the snakes are from Quebec. who knows what else we might add lol, small creatures only though, we have quite enugh dogs!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils