Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Continued Prayers for Cincy -Surgery #2 Stitches are out and all is well!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Cincy is doing well...relaxing mostly tonight. I only fed her 1/2 her dinner, and she has not begged for more, so you know she isn't feeling exactly there yet!

Ralph said when he bought her home, Sadie brought a tennis ball and dropped it by her. It is amazing how in tune the 3 of them are with each other!

Amy I'm glad she's home and doing fine. I'll be saying a prayer that the test comes back benign.

(((HUGS))) to Cincy

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    Ralph said when he bought her home, Sadie brought a tennis ball and dropped it by her. It is amazing how in tune the 3 of them are with each other!
    OMGoodness, that is sooo cute! More prayers going out that it is nothing serious.

Glad my grand dog came through the surgery okay. You can bet we are all praying that the lump is benign. Did you find the collar? Is she leaving it alone?

That was very sweet of Sadie! Your dogs are very close- I am sure they know when one isn't feeling well and needs the extra sympathy.

Get better, Cincy - Grandma loves you!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother View Post
    Glad my grand dog came through the surgery okay. You can bet we are all praying that the lump is benign. Did you find the collar? Is she leaving it alone?
    I did find the collar. She was really too out of it to bother it too much last evening so we didn't put it on until close to bed time. She was more alert this morning, she had not bothered it at all overnight. Last night before bed it was looking a little swollen, just from her walking around and trauma in general, but this morning, after her being off it all night, it was looking really good. Ralph didn't mentioned anything when I talked to him a few hours ago, so I assume she is being good....

She is suppoed to stay calm for 3 days. Yesterday of course was not a proble, but I bet by tomorrow night she will be begging to play ball and wrestle with Spot (if she isn't already!)

Late, but, heartfelt prayers coming your way!

Cincy is still doing well...she isn't thrilled about the E-collar while we are gonet o work, but doesn't seem to mind the no-bite in the evenings. She is wanting to play, but they said she couldn't return to "normal" activity levels for 3 days...I guess that means tonight I can let her loose!

I did feel like a bad mommy this morning when I realized I had not given her any pain meds...but she certainly has not acted at all like she has needed them, jumping on and off the bed and couch, and trying to chase Spot! She is a tough little thing!

Still waiting to hear results of the biopsy...

Glad to hear she's doing so well, here's hoping the biopsy comes back clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post

Cincy is still doing well ...
    she isn't thrilled about the E-collar while we are gonet o work,
    but doesn't seem to mind the no-bite in the evenings.

She is wanting to play ... I guess that means tonight I can let her loose!
    She is a tough little thing!
    Good thing Heidi didn't trade notes with Cincy at the last Gathurin about
    "How to Get Around an E-Collar" - or you might be havin a *ruffer tyme* of this!

While wearing a "regular sized" E-Collar, Heidi learned how to lay down, curl up,
    and then *kick* her bandaged foot INTO the collar (and her MOUTH)!
    I can't remember how many times we returned to the Clinic for re-wraps of a naked foot!

The "fix" was the Techs moved her up one size in E-collars ...
    It was *HUGE* compared to the size of the Mutt!

Hang in there, Cincy!
    And try not to *lick* when the Hoomins are *watchin*!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and had Cincy in my thoughts. Glad to see she is doing well. Keep it up girl!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

We got the results from the vet today...although we have not spoken with him we had a message, and the news was not as good as we hoped. Cincy does have cancer, a Grade II Hemangiopericytoma. The good news it is locialized (does not often dpread) and genreally slow growing. The bad news is they did not get it all, and it does have a high rate of reoccurance.

So, the message he left is that he is recommending we wait about a month, let the area heal, then go back in and try to get the rest. We have an appointment to get her staples out a week from tomorrow, so if not before I am sure we will talk to him in much more detail then.

From what I am reading online, a Grade I or Grade II is a managable long term. I don't know what degree of treatment she may need (and I am sure it depends on how succesful the next surgery is), but radiation, chemo or amputation may be eventual options or consideratons. Another thing we have to factor in with her is an enlarged heart, and while she has shown no signs of issues with anethesia so far, I don't honestly know if radiation, which requires daily treaments for 2-3 weeks will be a viable option for her.

Whatever the case, we will do what we can to keep her as happy and healthy as we can! So please keep up those prayers a more succeful operation next go round!

Here are a few sites I have been reading, if anyone is interseted in more details

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...ricytoma.html#

http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/hurd/index.php

http://vet.osu.edu/assets/pdf/hospit...Newsletter.pdf

I'm sorry the news wasn't better. It does sound hopeful though. I will continue to keep Cincy in my prayers and will be watching for updates.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

oh Cincy.

you and your family will be in my prayers!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

THANKS fur helpin wiff keepin Cincy's problem less bad than it kudda been;
    but we'll make sure to *invite* You to *assist* onna next Sir Jury.

Please guide the White Coats, and Mom & Dad, as they plan for the future treatments.

We trust You'll keep Cincy comfortable and Happie throughout the process.

We'll lite up the Prayer Kandilz, an ask allua Pet Talk FurKids to start krossin
    Pawz & Klawz fur Cincy; and You're already hearin frumma Bi-Ped Pet Talkers.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Cincy, you can count on this bi-peds prayers..................

Bless your sweet heart!