Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

I know rain is good, but I don't like it. I want to go run some errands and don't want to do it in the rain. My wipers on my car are icky. I don't want to go clean them while its raining.
    It's only getting worse too. It seems like its just raining harder and harder as I'm sitting here. I'm going to wait it out and see if it lets up, then I can go run my errands.
    All I want to do right now is curl up in bed and stay warm. But I've got things to do. Blah!!

Why can't California live up to the stereotypes and always be sunny and never rain?

This is a completely pointless thread. I just wanted to complain out loud. Thanks for listening.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Come to Orange County. It hasn't rained since April. I yearn for the sound and smell and feel of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Come to Orange County. It hasn't rained since April. I yearn for the sound and smell and feel of rain.
    Really? Let's trade then!

Zoee was just whining at the front door. But if I let her out the front I have to go with her and I am not "dressed" or have shoes on. So I opened the back door and normally she bolts out the door. She stood there for about 90 seconds just looking at the rain falling. Finally she goes out to the closest corner of grass and goes potty. LOL

I don't mind rain as long as I don't have to be out in it. I too love the sound and smell of rain. But I don't like driving, or walking into a store through the rain. I'm also not one of those people that have to run through the rain like it's going to melt me if I get wet. I have a wash and wear hair style so I can just stroll through it. I just don't like the wet shoes on tile floors, I tend to slip like a fool. LOL

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Trade ya!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Trade ya!
    Nevermind! Didn't I mention how much I the rain? Seriously, I'll take the rain over snow anyday. Sorry Lisa, LOL. Ok, no more complaining out of me, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Trade ya!
    In a New York Minute!!! Please!!!!

I absolutely love the rain but with a new driver in the house its sort of nerve racking.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

There's something comforting to me about driving in the rain, not at night, though, because I have trouble seeing. And nothing motivates me like a rainy day because I have no choice but to get some things done indoors since I can't be outdoors. After a while, though, too much rain can be depressing, so I'm w/ya on that. Sorta. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It stopped raining a while ago. I got ready to go and it was only lightly misting. I get my coat on, get Zoee's leash and collar so she can go with me. Get to the front door and its POURING again!!! Poor Zoee is now at the front door whining. If I just give it another while it will let up again. Sigh.

It's raining cats and dogs over on this side of the tunnel, too, Cindy

I'm trying to think of rainy day activities for Ivy, LOL. Maybe I'll go out and train her in the back of a PetSmart or something...

I Rain!! I am the most happy person when it rains! Please send it here, it's my favorite!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    They say it's not going to let up until around 11:00 tonight. It's raining buckets in San Francisco and why can't people remember the "new" law - if your wipers are on, your headlights must be on too - day running lights don't count. Just running errands today was dangerous! I'm staying in tonight - trying to get dry/warm. I got soaked through in rain gear!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I guess the grass is always greener.

It almost NEVER rains here. So, I LOVE rain. I love the smell, how it makes everything seem fresh and new. I also like to drive in the rain.

We, however, get a LOT of snow, and I HATE it.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd View Post
    They say it's not going to let up until around 11:00 tonight. It's raining buckets in San Francisco and why can't people remember the "new" law - if your wipers are on, your headlights must be on too - day running lights don't count. Just running errands today was dangerous! I'm staying in tonight - trying to get dry/warm. I got soaked through in rain gear!
    I agree. But I was bad for a bit today when I went out. I was driving along and realized I hadn't turned MY lights on!! I smacked myself in the forehead for it too. Shame on me!!

So I think you must have send the rain are way, because it has been pouring all day. Thank you!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)