Thread: Can I vent for a second?

Can I vent for a second?

So, last night we went out to eat at a little restaurant near us. Its a really cute place that serves burgers, fish sticks, fried chicken baskets etc etc. So I ordered a chicken finger kids meal for Lydia, and it automatically came with fries and applesauce. I really didn't want her having a whole serving of fried (like maybe 2 or 3 from my plate) so Mark specifically asked the waitress if we could substitute cottage cheese for the fries. "No Problem!" she says.

Then we waited 45 minutes for our food. They were not overly busy, and I personally think that she forgot to put our order in. But I digress. After 35 minutes, I finally asked if we could get L.'s cottage cheese because she was getting very hungry and cranky.

A few minutes later, our meals came, but L. plate was chicken and the fries I specifically did not want. So when she came to find out how everything was, I pointed out that we didn't want them. No biggie, right?? She was so snarky back, "oh, you didn't ask for a substitution! it comes with one side, so I gave you one side" Whatever. So I nicely asked if we could still get the applesauce, and that we didn't want the fries.

When the bill came, I noticed that she added on $1.50 for the applesauce. grr! We were already paying almost $6.00 for Lydia's meal, and to add on that much more was ridiculous.

So when I went up and paid, the waitress totally went off on me. She was YELLING at me. I just wanted to resolve this conflict, and she was being completely rude about it. She did end up changing the total, but then she crumpled all the receipts and threw them at me, and said sarcastically "now YOU have a very NICE NIGHT" so rude.

So we gave her a zero tip. I was fine until the 'nice night' comment.

hee hee thanks for letting me vent...maybe I can let go of it now.

You definetely need to call and complain!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I agree. I would call and complain. there is NO excuse for that. I understand people have bad days but when you are in a customer service position you suck it up and deal with it.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Ditto. The manager should have been brought in to resolve it. The waitress may have been having a bad day, but word of mouth about that place can affect their business big time!

wow - sorry to hear about this! I think I would call the manager also - (may even get a free meal from it) ...maybe even write your complaint out...That waitress needs an attitude adjustment. ((HUGS)))

Sometimes there are mixups but the waitress' behavior was inexcusable. She threw the papers at you? Uh, I would've insisted on seeing the manager immediately.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my goodness! I understand having a bad day, but that's not the way to treat customers. Especially at a job that gives tips. Wow. I agree that you should contact the manager.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I absolutely think you should contact the restaraunt and complain. When you are going out to dinner, you are paying for a service. That waitress not only gave you sub-par service, but gave the restaraunt sub-par service as well.

The management deserves to know how their staff are performing - be it good or bad. That waitress may have been having a bad day, but had no right to take it out on you, and her manager needs to be aware of that fact.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I absolutely think you should contact the restaraunt and complain. When you are going out to dinner, you are paying for a service. That waitress not only gave you sub-par service, but gave the restaraunt sub-par service as well.

The management deserves to know how their staff are performing - be it good or bad. That waitress may have been having a bad day, but had no right to take it out on you, and her manager needs to be aware of that fact.

I agree completely. The manager really needs to know this. He'll probably
    thank you for it.

After that, I would just let it go & not let it ruin your day.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I find now days that the service is soooo slow. You can be the only customer in the place, the food only has to be picked up and put in a box and you STILL have to stand there and wait for your food for 20 minutes. Everybody wants a job but nobody wants to actually WORK.

That girl was way out of line and she needs to be reported asap.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Anna, that stinks! It sounds like the whole thing just went awry - from Lydia's order being taken down wrong, the entire meal taking too long and then the server being snarky.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That's awful. You should contact not just the manager but also the owners of the restaurant.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I would definately contact corporate (if it's a chain) and complain and explain what happened. That is UNACCEPTABLE and an incredibly offensive way to treat a customer.

I hope you can get some justice out of your situation. You should never have to be treated like that.