Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boy shot, killed trick-or-treating; two injured **Update #62

1. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    ES, it's not that there's a magical age where it's "okay" to kill someone, but to say that something needs to be done to "protect the children" while using stats which include 24 year old adults is disingenuous at best.
    Okay...so if it is only five children a day...is that okay? (And I found stats as high as 15 children a day are killed by firearms but choose to go with the more conservative number.)

You quibble with the numbers to avoid addressing the issue.

What is the number of children killed by firearms on average each day in the country that is acceptable?

Regardless they aren't killed by the gun, they're killed by whoever pulls the trigger. A gun is an inanimate object, and cannot do anthing by itself.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Regardless they aren't killed by the gun, they're killed by whoever pulls the trigger. A gun is an inanimate object, and cannot do anthing by itself.
    Riiiigghhhttt. Fall back on that old one!

Like the kid who shot himself in the head at the gun show. It was his own fault! He pulled the trigger.

ES, we will never, ever agree on this issue. Why, praytell, must you keep starting this argument?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    ES, we will never, ever agree on this issue. Why, praytell, must you keep starting this argument?
    Why, praytell, do you? Go back to page one...I posted...you counterposted.

Although all you have done is bob and weave!
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 11-03-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: research

Es, every, and I mean EVERY time someone makes a post about something even remotely involving a firearm, you start preaching about how evil they are.

They're tools, inanimate objects, and cannot harm anyone without outside intervention (i.e. someone pulling the trigger).

The stats you posted are hypebole, as is everything else you post on this topic.

It's a simple matter, really, a multi-time convicted felon (at 22 this should raise alarms to begin with) acquires a weapon illegally (whoever sold it to him should be going to jail as an accessory to murder) and uses it in the manner one would expect from a felon.Shouldn't have happened, and had the law been followed wouldn't have happened.

Preach all you want about guns, but the implement isn't the issue here. It doesn't matter how many laws you pass, they are going to get broken. There are over 22,000 gun control laws on the books in the US. If they aren't enforced, they cannot work.

Instead of complaining about the inanimate object, which is completely nonsensical, why not complain about the felon?

Sex leads to all death on the planet.
    A couple has sex, a pregnancy occurs and either-
    A) Evil people who kill are born or
    B) The rest die of disease, accidents or old age.

Genitals are dangerous too.

8. What a pity I cannot be as calm and rational as you are.

Give me a break. You are near hysterical on the subject.

Blathering on with the same tired old rationales.

Interesting to note that I get LOTS of opportunities to "preach"!

Plenty of people...including plenty of kids getting killed -- by firearms.

So what about the kid at the gun show? What about kids playing with daddy's (or mommy's) gun? What about the kid playing in the front yard when hit by a drive by shooter -- who just stole the gun from someone's home.

Dead is dead. You can rationalize the death of children all you want. It doesn't bring them back.

Plenty of kids and adults getting killed by lots of things, yet firearms deaths make national news.The kid drowining in the bathtub just isn't as juicy a topic for the media.

Take away the tool and the death is just another obit. If there's a gun invoved hysteria takes over., and it's on headline news/yahoo/cnn/breitbart in an instant.

If it bleeds, it leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Plenty of people...including plenty of kids getting killed -- by firearms.
    Even more die in traffic accidents, like a firearm cars and trucks are tools and are driven everyday by people with revoked or suspended licenses. Its not the tools its the lack of enforcement.

So what about the kid at the gun show? What about kids playing with daddy's (or mommy's) gun? What about the kid playing in the front yard when hit by a drive by shooter -- who just stole the gun from someone's home.
    The kid at the gun show should have been better supervised, that was a tragic example of why firearm safety is so important. If you are a parent with firearms in the house, firearm training needs to start as early as posible. Children need to learn if they come across an unsecured weapon not to touch it and to find the nearest adult to secure it. The wrong thing to do is to make it a thing of mystery, that will only make the child more interested and determined to investigate. What about the children hit by a stolen vehicle, or a drunk driver?

Dead is dead. You can rationalize the death of children all you want. It doesn't bring them back.
    Yes dead is dead and you can rationalize your fear/hatred of firearms using the deaths of children, thats not going to stop them from dieing.

A question for you, how many children are still alive due to the responsible use of firearms?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Dead is dead.

Ergo cogito sum of a beech just shot me dead.

Ergo cogito, not any more.

But that's OK... because cars are used to get people around... even if the drivers DO use them to get around... who CARES if they kill thousands upon thousands upon thousands... cars have other uses so let them kill people.

funny how no one has commented on my post in the firearms thread about a woman to saved herself from a repeat rapist by exercising her right to bare arms after she was raped the FIRST time and police didnt do anything to protect her. but who cares about the lives lost because they couldn't protect themselves. Lets concentrate on the lives taken by CRIMINALS becasue they use firearms that they shouldn't have had if the laws were enforced.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    If it bleeds, it leads.

If nothing else shoots, get a gun.
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 11-04-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    If nothing else shots, get a gun.
    Or go the route the thugs in England and Canada went, get a long bladed kitchen knife.

If you had your way ES, that woman in St Louis would have been attacked/raped a second time. I guess kids are more important, I hate to make that assumption but you leave me little choice.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

15. Yesterday five homeless people were shot to death in a camp beside a busy highway. All traffic was shut down on another LA highway because a man was brandishing a gun on the overpass.

And that was just on my way to work!

Sad, sad, sad.