Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boy shot, killed trick-or-treating; two injured **Update #62

LH, the answer the liberals have is to sidestep the constitution with new laws, like Clinton did with the AWB on the Second Amendment.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And your solution would be to shred the second amendment, rather than insist exisiting laws be enforced.
    You and I do not interpret the Second Amendment the same way.

But it is a choice...which do you care more about preserving -- guns or children?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    You and I do not interpret the Second Amendment the same way.

But it is a choice...which do you care more about preserving -- guns or children?
    I know this was addressed to LH, but the answer is both.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Rights, and let people take responsibility for their actions. Had the felon with multiple convictions been in jail, this wouldn't have happened.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Rights, and let people take responsibility for their actions. Had the felon with multiple convictions been in jail, this wouldn't have happened.
    But the felon wasn't in jail and the boy is dead.

Along with the eight other children killed on average every day in this country by firearms.

(About 100 children are abducted each year in this country by strangers. That is 100 too many. But they get far more advocacy than the 9 children killed each day on average by firearms in this country.)

It is sad that some value guns more than children.

Define "children"

If you're using CDC stats, then those "children" include those in the 18-21 y/o age group, who are hardly children.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    But the felon wasn't in jail and the boy is dead.

Along with the eight other children killed on average every day in this country by firearms.

(About 100 children are abducted each year in this country by strangers. That is 100 too many. But they get far more advocacy than the 9 children killed each day on average by firearms in this country.)

It is sad that some value guns more than children.
    The source on your statistics please.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

The CDC actually reports 10 deaths per day for children in their stats for the year 2000.......HOWEVER....

They band the age groups, deaths ages 15-19 and 20-24.......

which means 24 year olds could be (and were) counted as children using their banded stats.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr48/nvs48_11.pdf

If you check the CDC stats a child is more likely to die by falling, drowning, or desease then from a gunshot.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Ban 5-gallon buckets!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Define "children"

If you're using CDC stats, then those "children" include those in the 18-21 y/o age group, who are hardly children.
    American Academy of Pediatrics. Do I understand then that you think it is okay to kill people after they reach a certain age? Once the are 18 what the heck?

It is a flawed argument to try and compare guns and 5 gallon buckets. Five gallon buckets exist to contain water or other materials. Guns exists to kill.

This is such a Horrible & Tragic Story.. How Horrible for the family..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

How can anyone justify an AK47? Law abiding citizens don't want them.

As usual, the media blows it. Actual AK-47 assult rifles are very, very difficult to get, and there aren't many in the US.

ES, it's not that there's a magical age where it's "okay" to kill someone, but to say that something needs to be done to "protect the children" while using stats which include 24 year old adults is disingenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    If you check the CDC stats a child is more likely to die by falling, drowning, or desease then from a gunshot.
    And, we actively work to keep those tragedies from happening, too. You know, safety latches on windows, fences around pools, immunizations?