Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Filou worries- 1/28 good update post 128

How about some of THIS mouse pate??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is such good news for Filou. I hope he continues to improve.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yea!

Such good news! I was on pins and needles, thinking about the ups and downs of your events. I am glad he is eating again. Surely hope he continues to improve and thrive!

(((((((((((((Filou))))))))))))

Lots of love and get well, and stay well wishes, coming from your relatives in Vermont, Chloe and Juni-get-down!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

oh, and Sas, Lucy and Cinnamon, too!

4. good boy!

Good boy!!

Good to hear that he eventually found something he liked. I hope his appetite comes back with all the good stuff!

Kirsten

So glad to hear that he is eating again! YAY!!

He's eating! That is sooooooooo wonderful! Keep eating little guy!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

If it wasn't sad it would be funny

Filou has been eating all the time but he's still not gaining weight. One of the reasons is he has diarrhea once in a while. Unfortunately yesterday he had it badly and we took him right to vet Trude this morning. We call her early and we can anytime come before she opens
    Ok, so he got some fluids and some pred to keep his bowels calm and she took some blood without any anesthesia (and he didn't like that) to check the urea and creatinine levels. We had done that last time in October and then the crea was even a little higher than today so she was sure he has a bowel infection and it's not a late stage in kidney failure.
    He has to fast for 24 hours and that will be a problem because he didn't believe us one word when we told him. Plus we have to get some food in Tigris without Filou noticing. We always fed whenever they were hungry but in moments like this you would be happier with a strict routine. When I took some laundry up to my bedroom, Tigris followed me and Filou not, so I gave Tigris some dry food up there behind closed doors.
    The really dangerous thing is: we got 10 ml of electrolytes in water in a syringe and should spray some just into his mouth (not under the skin, there is no needle on it) 5 times.
    So we had that comedy show: Two academics try to administer 2 ml of mainly water to a 6 lb kitty. I tried to wrap him in a towel. Ok, when you wrap the front he'll back out at the end. He will wriggle one of his tiny little paws out of the towel and give his dad a long scratch on the hand ( we have our tetanus up to date ). He will just turn in the towel so that he looks to you and the other person cannot get to his mouth. I had to laugh so hard that I couldn't keep him. Well after about 10 minutes we managed to get some into him- when he got it he started to lick (it tastes like lightly lightly salted water- Trude gave us some to try) and noticed it was not bad. And he didn't even run and hide under the bed - I think he just considered it a wriggle game- and he will always win there.
    Tomorrow it's back to Trude again for fluids- the bad thing with the diarrhea is the dehydration and if he is ok by then he will get this food that consists of 75% chicken breast fillet, 24% chicken broth and 1% rice. It is an organic brand and Trude said he cannot start with anything that has fiber in it (except rice).
    BTW- he is naughty and active and even chased his big brother down the stairs yesterday

Poor Filou - but at least he still got to win the wriggle game!
    I've Been Frosted

That boy is certainly keeping you on your toes, Barbara. I hope your naughty little wriggler's innards are back to normal tomorrow!

Oh Filou, you sound like a slippery little monkey - silly boy!

I’m sorry Filou has a bowel infection, but glad you have a good vet who can do something about it, and that it’s not the final stage of kidney failure. Phew!!

You need to “catch” Filou at the right time, and I know that’s easier said than done. Have you tried leaning over him from behind with your legs crossed? That way, he won’t be able to go backwards and you only have to keep his paws in line.

I find that whatever I have to do to Fister, it’s best not to force it. If I do, he'll win. I can clip Fister’s nails without any bloodshed now, if only I’m patient and do it when he’s relaxed.

I hope the vet visit will go well tomorrow and that he won’t keep you awake all night whining for food.

Kisses to Filou, and also to Tigris!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Filou it's good to know you are still a little wiggle monster You sure know how to keep mommy and daddy on their toes and amused at the same time. Now if you'll just remember to take the fluids so you can back to eating good stuff - chicken and rice YUM!! It's also good to know you are in such good hands - a very lucky boy

Barbara - an amusing story ... when August (our RB Kitty) had a slight infection in his toe, we had to soak his paw in epsom salts for 5 minutes twice a day. You can imagine how fun that was I had to wrap him in a big beach towel (just like a burrito) and only have one paw exposed Then I had to keep that paw in epsom salt water - you should have heard the protests and seen the expression on his face whenever this happened. It really was funny (for us) but not so much for poor August - he was not amused.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Filou sounds like my Lily: Impossible to give her any kind of medication! I actually had to bring her to the vet for getting some oil (as a treatment of her constipation) into her mouth, it's impossible to do it myself here at home.

Headscritchies to Filou and Tigris. I hope Tigris won't tell Filou that he was allowed to eat. LOL

Hope the diarrhea will stop!

Kirsten

Filou after 10 hrs of starving- following us wherever we go. We made sure our dinner was vegetarian. Filou checked the salad out, the bread- then he said: I'm not THAT hungry.
    Wish us luck for the night. I managed to get tow times food into Tigris behind a closed door.
    Oh my.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Filou after 10 hrs of starving- following us wherever we go. We made sure our dinner was vegetarian. Filou checked the salad out, the bread- then he said: I'm not THAT hungry.
    Wish us luck for the night. I managed to get tow times food into Tigris behind a closed door.
    Oh my.....

Oh wow, I can imagine how hard it is to sneak around with food when you
    know Filou cannot have any yet. Best of luck with this.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt