Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Filou worries- 1/28 good update post 128

Have you tried "Baby Food"?

Comes in multiple "flavours" ... possibly pick up an assortment and
    try to entice him by warming it slightly.

Prayers that something Yummie catches his fancy.

{{{Hugs}}}

Filou, please eat!!!

Hope the vet visit and the fluids helped you to get your appetite back!

(am on my way to work now, but I will keep you and your meowmie in my thoughts...)

Kirsten

Filou, please start eating and gain some weight. You're making your meowmie very upset and you're making us all worry about you too. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care Barbara. (((HUGS)))

Come on Filou, eat!!!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

From Decker with Love

Dear Barbara, I hope Filou will eat for you. Phred's suggestion of using baby food is a good one. It is something I have done over the years when the going got rough for my kids.

In the meantime - big hugs to you as you care for Filou.

I hope Filou starts to eat more soon! I know what that worry is like, but your little guy is so much thinner than my chubber that stopped eating. He's now doing better (but still diabetic).

Come on Filou!!! Eat please!!

Tuesday fluids and an injection of appetite boosting glucose- not much result.
    Wednesday the same: first no result. We went to a concert in the evening and came home late- tried to entice the boy with everything. He was around and interested, licked a little bit egg yolk (less than a tea spoon), didn't want his beloved Gimpet paste and not even the Temptations auntie Vio brought.
    I was desperate but his behavior was still as if he wanted something and we just didn't know what (mouse liver pate I guess).
    Then I opened a sample package of organic chicken and pumpkin which had been around for a while and of which we had checked a second sample when we first got it- nobody had wanted it (as usual with the special healthy food). This time he licked it from the tin but didn't eat much. We put him some on a small plate and on the table (to give him the suggestion he could eat like a human) - and there we go- he came back and ate it. And a second plate.
    So Thursday was vet break and when I came home Siegmar told me he had eaten really well. Two little bowls of ground beef. And some goose fat- you can get it here around Christmas time and we bought some. And some liver sausage. And then -oh miracle- even a bit of his own renal food. No I won't spell "spoiled" here.
    He goes for another appetite booster today as we want Trude the vet to have the weekend off. She is fantastic and the day we wanted to go to the concert she even had offered to pick him up and keep him at home until we are home. She is not ready to give Filou up and this is a good sign for me.

Of course Filou is spoiled but he deserves it, and everyone on PT would do the same. Your vet looks really great!

I hope Filou eats more. We keep fingers and paws crossed, and we often think about him here. I am sure he knows

Filou......living the good life.

We put him some on a small plate and on the table (to give him the suggestion he could eat like a human) - and there we go- he came back and ate it. And a second plate.
    So Thursday was vet break and when I came home Siegmar told me he had eaten really well. Two little bowls of ground beef. And some goose fat- you can get it here around Christmas time and we bought some. And some liver sausage. And then -oh miracle- even a bit of his own renal food. No I won't spell "spoiled" here.
    [/QUOTE]

Filou - it appears you and Eve have been having the same conversation So happy to hear all the people food is giving you the appetite you need to have sweetheart Keep up the good work baby boy

Barbara I know your heart is hurting with worry about Filou; we are all here for you and that precious little Monkeycat - I hope he feels much better soon.

Eve and mommy are sending lots and lots of hugs and kisses to your whole family
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh joy! I'm so glad to hear about the turn Filou has taken. It sounds like a lot of different things he's eaten - and even his Renal diet.

The appetite booster must have helped, and I hope sweet Filou will keep eating and put on some weight.

Kisses to Filou - and also to Tigris!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Barbara, I'm so glad to hear that Filou is eating again and I hope he'll continue to show improvement. You sure have a wonderful vet.

Barbara, you do what you have to do. I'm sure if it were really the mouse liver pate that he needed, you would have gotten that for him.

It's good to hear that the little boy is eating. And if it takes to let him eat from the table, then so be it.

Are you kidding, Barbara? We all do whatever it takes for our little ones.
    You want the Waterford? You got it! You want this on the good china?
    You got it! You would like a placemat and napkin? You got that too!

How about we heat it up for you?

I think when they don't eat it is the most upsetting thing for us because they lose weight so easily.

You continue to do whatever it takes and the "spoiled" word shouldn't be mentioned.

I sure hope Filou continues to eat for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Are you kidding, Barbara? We all do whatever it takes for our little ones.
    You want the Waterford? You got it! You want this on the good china?
    You got it! You would like a placemat and napkin? You got that too!

How about we heat it up for you?

I think when they don't eat it is the most upsetting thing for us because they lose weight so easily.

You continue to do whatever it takes and the "spoiled" word shouldn't be mentioned.

I sure hope Filou continues to eat for you.

That's for sure. When my Puddy was so sick and battling senility, I had an iron skillet on the bedroom floor for her, a bowl of ice cubes in the bathtub, steps leading up to the bathroom sink countertop, I stocked my freezer w/fudgesicles because that's practically all she would eat. Anything and everything to keep her tongue from burning, to keep her hydrated and happy. And I'd do it all again in a nano-second. If anyone who didn't know me walked into my home, they would've called me the crazy cat lady for sure! We do what we have to for our little furkids. Prayers continuing that Filou keeps on eating.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11