Ok, I have a gas stove and basically only ever use the front two burners. Well, I was cleaning the stove tonight and took off the caps of the burners, and the REAR burners that I never really use (maybe a few times a year??) had all this sandy like residue underneath them. It was totally bizarre. I thought maybe it was solid and caked in there, but when I jabbed it with a knife, it scattered. I used a vacuum cleaner to get it all up, but I can't figure out what the heck all the build up is.

Any clues or suggestions?? I don't think it's dust. It was sandy, almost like an ant hill. I don't have ants though, and I doubt they'd survive in a gas stove burner.

Also, one will light, but the other one won't. Even if I put a flame to it and it's on the ignition are (clicking sounds being made), nothing happens. No flame. Could this be because of all that stuff that was there?

I did see this before, I think last year when I was dealing with the rear gas caps, and same thing. I just can't figure out what it could be.