Thread: RIP Smoky

RIP Smoky

I was leaving for school today and as I turned onto the main road, I look and saw a cat laying on the side of the road. I see animals all the time that had been hit by cars, but for some reason this morning I actually LOOKED. I thought it resembled my in-laws' cat Smoky, but I thought it was too small. For whatever reason, I called hubby and had him check it out. Thirty minutes later he texts me to say that yes, it was him.

Smoky was known for darting out the door if it was open even a crack. He used to be an outdoor cat, but because of the incident earlier this year with my in-laws' cat Emma, they have been trying very very hard to keep all of the cats indoors and not allowing them to bolt outside. Smoky thought he was the exception.

My mother in law is taking it especially hard, since they really have been trying so hard to keep them in since they moved, and especially since Emma's accident.

Smoky was also Double-Oh's partner in crime, those two were best buds

RIP, little (big) guy

facebook

Oh, Jessika --

How AWFUL for your poor mother-in-law, and of course for poor Smoky! Your family has been through an awful lot lately, and this just doesn't seem fair.

(((HUGS))) for all of you -- and play hard at the Bridge, Smoky...!
    There aren't too many bad spots that can't be made at least a little better by either a nap, a cat, or both.

I'm so sorry to read this! Such a sad thing!!

Poor Smoky. I hope your MIL doesn't feel she is to blame for this. She had the best intentions, only Smoky had other ideas.
    Now he can run free at the bridge without any worries.

RIP Smoky
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace Smokey. I hope that Double Oh will be able to bond with another cat soon. It sure can be tough on them when they lose their friends.

My Boo Bear had been an indoor cat for 6 years after rescuing him and he still managed to dart out the door once and was missing for nearly 24 hours on the coldest night of the year. So please let your MIL know that if a cat is determined to bolt, s/he'll find a way. I'm so sorry that this happened to Smoky. RIP, dear boy and peace to your family.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

{{{{hugs}}}} RIP dear Smoky.

I hope your MIL knows she was dealing with a 'darter' - they get very determined and fast. Not her fault at all.

Play in the eternal outdoors at the Bridge, dear Smoky.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That Thought Used To Scare Me That A Found Cat Would Dart Out And Be Hit By The Loons Who Race Thier Cars Down The Street.
    Thats So Sad That Smokeys Wanting To Be Outside Cost Him His Life.
    Poor Double Oh Will , I Am Sure Be Comforted By Smokeys Spirit Now That Hes Part Of The Animal Angel Army, And He Will Tell Double Oh About His Many Adventures And Let Him Know That Smokey Will Find A Place In Paradise Where The Whole Family Will Reunite In Love, And Be Together Furrrever.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Unhappy

Sleep softly, sweet Smokey. Prayers for your family.....
    Nine is Fine!!

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words.

Sadly, tonight on our way home we saw yet another fatality on the side of the road, only a few yards from where I found Smoky. My hubby is PO'd and can't imagine how someone may find pleasure in intentionally running over an animal. While we can't prove that was the case with Smoky, I do know for a fact there are people out there who are like that, and it IS Halloween where incidents like this rise around this time of year.

RIP Smoky, and the poor little housecat we found tonight

facebook

I'm so sorry to read about Smoky, as well as that other little housecat you found. I think we all have door darters, and it's so hard to keep them inside when they *insist* on getting out. RIP Smoky.

It's sad that people in our community find joy in running down someone's pet, or a wild animal. I know when I was growing up, my bus driver in middle and high school would PURPOSELY try to hit cats on the side of the road, and the boys in the back of the bus would egg him on. We had a few barn cats that traveled up and down our back road at that point, and he would aim at them at times. I do remember hitting him on the head at one point and really yelling and telling him off, because he upset me so badly. Granted I was a kid, but still, I told him I'd come and run him down if he did anything like that again when I was on the bus, lol. Looking back I could hve gotten in trouble, but he would have lost his job for what he had been doing.

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Smoky.