Thread: What to do???

What to do???

Okay new boss is gone for the week and I just got a call from a potential employer who wants me to come in for an interview this Friday morning. I'm not sure what to do. For those who don't know my situation our county is having to reduce the budget and my job is going from full time to part time. I'm losing about half my income. The employer asking for the interview is full-time plus benefits.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Quote Originally Posted by mina'smomma View Post
    Okay new boss is gone for the week and I just got a call from a potential employer who wants me to come in for an interview this Friday morning. I'm not sure what to do. For those who don't know my situation our county is having to reduce the budget and my job is going from full time to part time. I'm losing about half my income. The employer asking for the interview is full-time plus benefits.

I would definately go for the interview. Good luck. Businesses look out
    for their own bottom line & you should look out after yours.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Focus on getting the job. You do not need to worry about how you will tell your boss until you have an offer. Don't let negative energy interfer with your interview.

And if cutbacks are coming...your boss may be relieved!

It is your career...go for it! And...if you want the job...be sure and send a thank you note to the person who interviews you. Ask for a business card so you have the email address and correct spelling of name, title, etc.

Most definitely go for it! You have to look out for you.....best of luck! All fingers and paws crossed here!

What everyone else said!

Don't sweat it til you get an offer. If you do, your going to that job might help someone else's at the place you work now.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Go for the interview! For two different jobs, I went on the interview while my boss was on vacation... twice they returned to finding out I gave notice while they were away (for the record, neither time was planned... it just happened that way)

Well thats a no brainerrr == go for the interview && best of luck.. I hope you get the new job.. A person has gotta do what a person has gotta do.. Make a living for your family..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

These are difficult times - look out for yourself - and good luck on the interview!!

Well just spoke to boss. She said go the interview and then just come in and open the office after its done. She is really excited for me and wished me best luck. Need lots off good vibes that this job will come through please

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Slam dunk, girlfriend!! Give it all ya got!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well just spoke to boss. She said go the interview and then just come in and open the office after its done. She is really excited for me and wished me best luck. Need lots off good vibes that this job will come through please
    Well, there ya go! The decision was just made easier for you. Prayers going up that the job is yours. "All doors are now open to you, all channels are now free to you. The whole wide world says 'YES!' to you".
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good luck with the interview!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Well, this is even better. It's good to know there will be no hard feelings
    if you leave. Great. Best of luck with this.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt