Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Honest Obama Question (From a non-supporter)

Honest Obama Question (From a non-supporter)

OK, I'm being truly genuine here and I just wanted to get an answer from people who know Obama more than I do. I will admit I don't listen to him as much as I probably should because he annoys me. NOT because of the Democratic vs Republican thing, I choose them based on my beliefs/opinions/ethics and then get mad when I am unable to vote at the election if my candidate isn't Repub. (I don't think that's right!! We should be allowed to pick WHO we want, not just the man/woman who ended up being the primary candidate! Or wait, did I mix those up? I've had WAY too much going on this week. I know we can either vote openly in the primary or the regular, I forget which, but it SHOULD be that we can vote any way we want and not be "stuck" with whomever is in your party! But, that's another thread!)

Anyway, my question is this: I've heard (repeatedly) Obama referred to as "The Messiah" and more along those lines. He MUST have heard this stuff, right? I mean, I'm sure he's crazy busy with is campaign, but someone has to have told him something like that, especially with him being Christian, right?

So, he's Christain and Christain's believe it a TERRIBLE sin to call anyone besides Jesus Messiah. So WHY would he not make a tiny 2 minute tangent and tell people NOT to call him that, that he DOES NOT think of himself that way and it offends his faith.

Again, I admit I don't listen to him as much as I probably should, but has he addressed this issue? I do realize that maybe he hasn't heard it, but I guess I think he'd hear all of the stuff the media calls him. A Christian person that wouldn't deny something like that, well, that's just scary on many levels, regardless of who they are.

PLEASE don't take this to MEAN anything. Its a simple question I do not know the answer to. That is ALL.

Thank you!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I have honestly never heard anyone call him the messiah.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I also have never heard Obama called The Messiah. Furthermore, messiah has a number of definition -- and whether used with upper case or lower case can change the meaning.

In any case, candidates are called many names. Hoepfully they have more important things to talk about than refuting every name they are called.

I will give you a selection. Because I know you will not like most of the sources. LOL

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j...-obama-messiah

http://poligazette.com/2008/10/11/lo...a-the-messiah/

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OowxMcVTjTE

Now granted, Louis Farrakhan is not the best way to use this connection. But if we connect the dots... BO knows Rev. Wright. Rev. Wright has ties to Farrakhan. Farrakhan has ties to Muammar Qaddaffi. He even gave Qaddaffi a "human rights" award. LOL

Just a FYI.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I think I have heard something like that, but he was being compared to Jesus. I don't really know any details though, or if he responded. There's so many lies, on both sides, it can be hard to keep it straight sometimes! I have been checking www.snopes.com on the political page lately to try to sort them out.

Louis Farrakhan has called him the Messiah. Mr. Obama has an amazing group of friends and supporters.

My only thought - if politicians or their staff had to keep track of every name they were called (good or bad) in coffee shops and bars and homes etc across the nation, they would have no time to do anything else.

You raise a good question - but that is one you should ask the people who call him that. They likely aren't particularly religious, and just use it as a figure of speech.

It reminds me of a scene in the Monty Python movie "Life of Brian". It takes place at the same time Jesus was walking the earth and doing his stuff. Brian, while escaping from the Roman guards, falls onto a platform in the local market and launches into a ridiculous speech, pretending to be a prophet. When the guards run past him and he is safe, he stops his speech - at a point where many of the listeners are hanging on his every word.

He jumps down, and they ask him to finish what he was saying. He keeps insisting it was nothing, which is true - but they insist there must be some great secret. A chase ensues; Brian rushes away, losing his drinking gourd and a sandal in the process. His "followers" hold them up as treasured relics.

The mob gives chase. Brian runs up a hill, finds a deep hole, and jumps in - landing on a man who had been keeping a vow of silence for 18 years, and lets out a loud "OW!" Brian keeps trying to shush him up, but the man sarcastically says, "Oh, what's the point NOW?" - until they both see the mob and drop into the hole.

The mob has seen Brian. They cheer and roar until Brian finally comes out and faces them. They hail him as the Messiah.

"Look," Brian pleads. "I'm NOT the Messiah. HONESTLY."

There is silence. Then a woman declares, "Only the Messiah would deny his true divinity." This sets off another round of cheering and roaring.

"What kind of choice does THAT give me?" Brian exclaims. "All right, I AM the Messiah!" The roar of praise rises again, and Brian adds, "NOW F*** OFF!!!"

Again, silence. Then one prostate man raises his head and asks humbly, "How shall we f*** off, Master?"

When it comes to mob mentality, no public figure could handle this one.

FYI: From the Oxford Dictionary of Current English, 2001:

messiah 1. (the Messiah) the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew bible. 2 (the Messiah) Jesus regarded by Christians as the Messiah of these prophecies. 3 a leader or saviour. ORIGIN Hebrew, 'anointed'
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This is just plain silly.

I have been frosted!

I only know Louis Farrakhan said that, and elsewhere I had only heard it used in a mocking way, not seriously, by an anti-Obama commentator.

And I don't recall Barack Obama ever addressing it - but then again, politicians running for office would have to no time to eat, breathe, or sleep if they addressed every single thing someone said about them, good, bad or otherwise.

I do not hold it against Barack Obama for not commenting on it, nor do I hold it against John McCain for not commenting on it, either.

A local home had a big Obama display and somebody came and wrote racial slurs all over it...I am sure this is not the first place this is liberal California, I did not hear Obama speak on this so does that make him a racist...the logic is just not there.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post
    OK, I'm being truly genuine here and I just wanted to get an answer from people who know Obama more than I do. I will admit I don't listen to him as much as I probably should because he annoys me. NOT because of the Democratic vs Republican thing, I choose them based on my beliefs/opinions/ethics and then get mad when I am unable to vote at the election if my candidate isn't Repub. (I don't think that's right!! We should be allowed to pick WHO we want, not just the man/woman who ended up being the primary candidate! Or wait, did I mix those up? I've had WAY too much going on this week. I know we can either vote openly in the primary or the regular, I forget which, but it SHOULD be that we can vote any way we want and not be "stuck" with whomever is in your party! But, that's another thread!)
    Okay, I think you are confused. First comes the primary. If you are registered as being affilitated with a certain party, you get to chose who you want to represent your party. You cannot chose who will represent any other party. After you have cast your vote for whomever you think will best exemplify your position on the issues, that candidate (hopefully) goes on to the General election. At the General election you can vote for whomever you feel will be the best leader for the country. It does not matter if that candidate is Republican, Democrat, Liberatarian, and so on. You even have the option of writing in a candidate whose name is not on the ballot. It does not matter if you are registered as a particular party member or undeclared, almost everyone has the same right to vote.

Anyway, my question is this: I've heard (repeatedly) Obama referred to as "The Messiah" and more along those lines. He MUST have heard this stuff, right? I mean, I'm sure he's crazy busy with is campaign, but someone has to have told him something like that, especially with him being Christian, right?

So, he's Christain and Christain's believe it a TERRIBLE sin to call anyone besides Jesus Messiah. So WHY would he not make a tiny 2 minute tangent and tell people NOT to call him that, that he DOES NOT think of himself that way and it offends his faith.

Again, I admit I don't listen to him as much as I probably should, but has he addressed this issue? I do realize that maybe he hasn't heard it, but I guess I think he'd hear all of the stuff the media calls him. A Christian person that wouldn't deny something like that, well, that's just scary on many levels, regardless of who they are.
    I have NEVER heard Barack Obama referred to as the Messiah. I see from some of the above responses that apparently Louis Farrakhan did. I haven't heard anything about it at all, I have no idea what precipitated that comment. However, it doesn't matter. No, he should not take two minutes to comment on a controversial statement made by Mr. Farrakhan. It has nothing to do with his ability to govern this country, it has nothing to do with the manner in which he would govern this country if he wins, and it has absolutely no political significance whatsoever. It is something that people point at to obsecure the issues. If you find it scary that Barack Obama won't address all of the controversial items that people bring up to discredit him or to make him seem somehow less American, than don't vote for him. That is your right and your privilege. But don't think that you are voting based on the issues or based on who is most able to help this country find it's economic and world footing again. You are voting because you find him scary. If you feel that is the best reason to place your vote, without doing any further research, then that is what works for you. You are an American you are entitled to do that.

I am also going to say as an aside. I did feel sort of sorry for and at the same time admired John McCain the other day when he finally took a stand and said to his supports straight out, that they have no reason to fear Barak Obama's patriotism. It is sad that he is put in the position of having to defend his opponent to his supporters, but nice that he did. Of course, the thought also occurred to me that she was a plant so they could get a sound bite, but that is for another day.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 10-15-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post

I've heard (repeatedly) Obama referred to as "The Messiah" ...
    Rush Limbach has been calling Obama "The Messiah" for months on his radio program.

Here's a quote from the Limbach web site >>>
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...107.guest.html

Limbach =

Gingers Mom, incredibly well said.

The media has 'covered' him on several mags that have him looking like some kind of kooky prophet/god.

Rolling Stoned had him on the cover doing the crucifixion head bob.
    Another rag recently had him back lit with a halo like corona around his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Gingers Mom, incredibly well said.

Agreed. I loved this paragraph. It really says it all.............much better than I could.

" have NEVER heard Barack Obama referred to as the Messiah. I see from some of the above responses that apparently Louis Farrakhan did. I haven't heard anything about it at all, I have no idea what precipitated that comment. However, it doesn't matter. No, he should not take two minutes to comment on a controversial statement made by Mr. Farrakhan. It has nothing to do with his ability to govern this country, it has nothing to do with the manner in which he would govern this country if he wins, and it has absolutely no political significance whatsoever. It is something that people point at to obsecure the issues. If you find it scary that Barack Obama won't address all of the controversial items that people bring up to discredit him or to make him seem somehow less American, than don't vote for him. That is your right and your privilege. But don't think that you are voting based on the issues or based on who is most able to help this country find it's economic and world footing again. You are voting because you find him scary. If you feel that is the best reason to place your vote, without doing any further research, then that is what works for you. You are an American you are entitled to do that
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt