Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Barney is an Angel Now.

Oh what good news! If he has stopped the inappropriate peeing, then he probably didn't know what to do in the litterbox. I sure am rooting for this guy. Better and better.......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

YAY for beautiful poop! LOL I'm happy to hear that he seems to be feeling better. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    YAY for beautiful poop!
    We've all turned the bend. You realize that, don't ya?
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh I realize it! LOL

Oh yah, like THAT wasn't the shortest drive in the world!

YAAY Barney!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You guys are hilarious! LOL

I went to see him tonight and took, yes, a few more videos!! You all need your Barney fix right??

I'm trying to keep them short so they won't be boring.

In tonight's episode we see Barney feeling a bit more perky as he shows his new found gusto while inhaling his plate of wet food. He seems especially content while he receives his spa/bath treatment from Angela.

I know he still looks like a train wreck, but we're getting there, slowly but surely.

I'll probably wait a few days before the next update so the pics can show some real improvement. Here's hoping.

I also took one more pic of Jack. That guy is one gorgeous cat. He was sitting on the porch as I pulled up. This little cottage is rustic and tiny and very cozy. Jack is obviously a guard cat on duty.

Oh my gosh, how precious is he?! He must feel so pampered being bathed and toweled dry, and getting all that love!!! I think he's looking better, if just a little bit. He seems more alert in the videos.

Oh sweet boy, rest up, get some yummies in that tummy and just soak up that love! Angela and Lara will help you feel all better!

You guys are just angels. Seriously.

Goodness, every video of Barney gives me LES. He just looks so exhausted and yet grateful for the love and food, etc. that he's receiving. And the cottage that Jack is guarding is picture perfect! It looks as though it should be on a post card. Beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Mary

What does Jack think of him?

If he doesn't need really intensive care in a few more days, I wonder if the regular owner might consider him?

Tapazole in a pill pocket shouldn't be hard.

What a sweet boy! Fed, loved, bathed...making sure the little tootsies are towelled gently.

Did you notice any sign he can hear? What colour are his eyes?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Barney is so blessed to have 2 of his very own guardian angels!! It would be wonderful if he could be pampered like this for the rest of his life. How are the donations going? PM me with the vet info, I'd like to help, too, in memory of my Molly.

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Purr-tender View Post
    Barney is so blessed to have 2 of his very own guardian angels!! It would be wonderful if he could be pampered like this for the rest of his life. How are the donations going? PM me with the vet info, I'd like to help, too, in memory of my Molly.

Mary

Thank you Mary, that is so wonderful of you. I will PM you you the information. I think it will take a week or two to figure out what has been donated because 3 donations are being mailed by Mary (Medusa), Randi and Julie (Momtomany). Moesha has phoned in a donation and I will call on Monday to make sure they are putting it on Barney's file. I haven't had a chance because of a few back to back double shifts. And Jenn is mailing some Revolution for Barney.
    Thank you all so much, it means alot. Every little bit helps.

Last night we noticed that Barney's right eye was runny and he was sniffly. I'm wondering if he might have the Herpes virus on top of everything else. The whole vet experience was very overwhelming for him and this virus usually flares up a day or two after a stressful event. I called the vet and asked if we could give him some Lysine and she thought it wouldn't hurt and could hopefully help. I had some on hand for two of my cats that have this virus and gave Angela a handful of capsules.

Catty1 wrote:
    What does Jack think of him?
    If he doesn't need really intensive care in a few more days, I wonder if the regular owner might consider him?

Tapazole in a pill pocket shouldn't be hard.
    I have never seen them with each other. Barney spends all his time in a tiny room by the back door. I guess my coworker, Terri okay'd that while Angela is there but she made her promise not to let him anywhere else in the house. And once Angela leaves, I know Barney will be moved to the back porch where there is a wooden shelter they made for him. The way he is now, I don't think he'd make it, though that is how he has been living for all this time but it needs to stop.
    If I could take him, I would and he would be here with me now. I have fallen for him too but it just isn't something I can do. We are at our maximum with ten cats and my husband is very frustrated with me that I have allowed it to get to this number. We always said we would never get into the double digits and somehow we did. It causes arguments at times, though he loves the cats we do have very much. But I also know that trying to bring Barney here would send him over the edge and I have to respect what he thinks about it though it is very hard for me.

I did hear that Jack is not bothered by Barney and they don't fight. But even so, I do know now that Terri has told Angela recently that she doesn't want the cat and can't take it on. I think she is overwhelmed by the medical side of it and she said she just doesn't want another cat. Anyway, at least we know for sure now and won't hang on to that as a possibility. So a good home is what is needed for Barney.

The pill pocket may not be a good idea because he is supposed to only be on food for a diabetic but I could ask the vet to find out.

I won't be seeing him tonight, maybe tomorrow or the next day and will post and update. :0)

I think Barney looks better - and I think he looks as if his spirits are better as well. He seemed to be more perky. I really hope that he pulls through this, he really is such a sweet little baby. When exactly is your friend coming back, the one that you hope will take him? He really appears to be improving. Keep up the good work and I will keep sending my good vibes and thoughts. Come on Barney!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I've just been catching up on this thread and I'm in awe of everything you guys are doing to help poor little Barney. He looks so pitiful and so sweet. I'm so glad he found you two to help him. I think you both are "Angels".

From Decker with Love

I've been reading this thread and I sure hope that everything will work for Barney and that he'll continue to get well and find the forever loving home that he deserves. Angela and Lara, thanks so much for giving him the care that he needs. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatharine View Post
    When exactly is your friend coming back, the one that you hope will take him?
    Terri has told Angela over the past few days that she does not want Barney. I'm disappointed but it's good to know the truth sooner rather than later because we are dealing with a time issue. I think that Terri's partner will allow Barney to hang out on the porch after Angela leaves but they ultimately want him to have a different home. So that is the goal now.

I think Angela will be here for another week and hopefully for the recheck exam so we can see how he has improved with regard to the diabetes. He continues to use the litterbox and is no longer peeing inappropriately.