Thread: Digi, Off to the Vet

Digi, Off to the Vet

I think since I discovered her Allergy to Beef she has put on a lot of weight! I can no longer easily feel her spine & her chest feels a lot less boney. She is also laying on my lap a LOT more & I swear she is rounder.

This is all GREAT news as I have always felt she was WAY too skiny & its not overly pleasing petting a skeleton dog.

So starting today she'll be going to the vet once a week to get weighed to see if shes gaining & to make sure its not too fast & not too much. I don't want her to get fat.

I hope this means I can start running her more often, as I stopped running her daily as she was loosing far too much weight & looked sickly. The vet has told me 100 times Digi's weight is fine, stop worring. But I like a little meat on my dog & I don't like being accused of starving her or people thinking shes sick just becuase shes crazy thin.

I'm hoping she'll reach 30lbs & that'll be the max weight I want her at. So hopefully I'll be able to find a healthy balance of food intake & running now that she seems to be able to put on weight

That's a good sign, that she's able to gain weight again. Be good at the vet's office, Digi!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That's a good sign, that she's able to gain weight again. Be good at the vet's office, Digi!
    Digi LOVES the vets office! If I go in & don't bring her I get scoled by the staff, as Digi is 1 very popular girl there Thats where she gets so many of her Bandanas. The maker gives me one from time to time so Digi can stay in style hehehe

The good news is that shes back to her last weigh in, 26lbs. I know she had lost weight as I could feel her spine.. But that has gone away in the last week or so. The techy noticed a difference as well. Digi has more body mass in areas she had non/little before.

They are glad that I spotted the allergy & that she is indeed putting on weight. They cannot wait to see her next week