Originally posted by Fuzzy317

I am torn between my first idea, and this one. This is how I want to be handled when its my time. Not placed in a cemetary, but scattered in a place I would frequent, so the place and I become one. I know that sounds strange, but its coming from a strange person, as most anyone knows
That doesn't sound strange to me, Fuzzy, because that's exactly what I intend for myself too. Haven't picked a spot yet, but I don't think it has to be just one spot, as long as I'm outdoors, and no where near a big city, that would be find with me.

Since Tubby is getting old (even though he's still quite healthy) I have had plenty of time to contemplate, and I'm going to have him cremated too, and I will spread his ashes in the woods behind my mom's house. He so loves it outside, and always liked that woods because there's so much to do there. Watch the birdies, the chimpunks, the snakes, the squirrels, chase the leaves, etc. It will be nice for me to picture him running freely through the woods - with no rope or leash to hold him back - and I will always be able to visit him there.

Peanut, on the other hand, is more timid and afraid, and I wouldn't want her in the woods where she would be afraid. I will probably scatter her outside because she does like it out there, but I will keep her much closer to the house, where she likes to stay because she knows it's safer there.

I will keep pictures of them in the house to remind me of them - not that I'll need the pictures at all.

This is such a personal thing, though Mary, that everyone has to ultimately make their own decisions on what they want, and what they think their pet would want. Cookie sounded like such a sweet little kitty, and I'm sure you'll do what's best.