Thread: If mamma ain't happy...

If mamma ain't happy...

I have a mamma cat (Sophie) who came to us with five kittens on the way. Now, four months later, she is weening the kids totally with alot of hissing, growling and swatting. Will Sophie settle down and be a sweet kitty again after the weening is complete or do we just have to put up with her?

Mostly Orangies all the time!

Those babies should have been weaned by the age of 8 weeks. If mama is feral, you need to separate the mama from the babies. Otherwise she will make sure those babies pick up her feralness.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumacat View Post
    I have a mamma cat (Sophie) who came to us with five kittens on the way. Now, four months later, she is weening the kids totally with alot of hissing, growling and swatting. Will Sophie settle down and be a sweet kitty again after the weening is complete or do we just have to put up with her?
    Have you had her spayed yet? You should immediately. That will help calm her down.

Ditto to both comments above.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11