He'll be here for Thanksgiving, his favorite holiday and his first time home in 11 years for Tday. His first Tday in L.A. he told me that he was having dinner w/friends who had just moved there. He had only been there a week or so and I thought "How lucky for him. I feel better now." He even called me that day and told me he was fine. Well, he made it all up. He didn't want me to feel sad that he was alone on Thanksgiving Day but he didn't tell me this until just a few years ago. I cried because I felt so bad about it and he said "See! That's exactly why I made up the story. Your Tday would've been ruined."

Last year during the holidays we made a promise to each other to visit more often. Of course, life got in the way. He got that terrible illness in February that scared the wits out of us both. Then Puddy got worse and he asked me this year to fly out to L.A. for Tday but I told him that I just couldn't leave Puddy. So he booked a flight here. He was going to surprise me but then he thought better of it in case I accepted an invitation to someone else's home. He can't stay long; he'll be here the Tuesday before and leave that Sunday. But he'll be back for Christmas and I plan on visiting him after the holidays, probably in February. So I'm a happy mom!