Thread: Strange cat

Strange cat

Hello petlovers

I adopted my tortie from the Humane Society when she was 2 mos. At that time, she was really tiny, boy did she had big ears. Also, I read that she was foster care before they brought her back to the shelter. As a kitten, she was very loving girl!! Sabrina would jump on are knees and give us lots of kisses and she would lay on are laps. Since she got spayed, her behaviour change but I can tell you, she is more settle down. At times she could be a devil at night times. She still does bad things. I call her a scardy cat becuase any little noise we back, she gets all freak out. If she hears people out in the hall or if anyone knocks on the door, she goes running to the bedroom then after she comes when she knows it is quiet but Sabrina is friendly towards us. She has her moments when she wants lots of attention. I want to know if anyone cat acts the same way. I was wondering if its the breed. Does anyone have a tortie cat? Please let me know by reply. I thought once a female cat is spayed, they become more loving. Here is a picture of her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your kitty is so cute!

How old is your kitty? It could be that she is just not done growing up yet.

I don't know about the breed being friendly or not, but I do know that our spayed female (now three years old) can be very sweet one minute, a terror the next minute, and a grumpy old woman two minutes later.

She is the littlest of the bunch, but makes up for it with her attitude.

Sabrina is adorable! It's not uncommon for cats to be afraid, and I don't think it has anything to do with her breed (tortie). It might have something to do with her early life. You don't know what she was subjected to before you got her, so that might have something to do with it. My Peanut is 14 years old, and is a scaredy cat too. She still has some growing to do, and that will help settle her down a bit, but it's hard to tell if she will ever get over her "scaredy cat-ness." Good luck though, and we'd love to see more pictures of her!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

My little tortie is 1 yr and 2mos and very small for her age and she can be a little feisty and is a devil at times especially when we are going to bed.

Oh, doesn't Sabrina look adorable in that sweater!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Sabrina is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing her pics. I don't think that it's the type of cat that is making her afraid but her previous experiences. Something may have really scared her when she was little and this has made her become skiddish when she hears loud noises. I really don't think that any cat likes loud noises. All 3 of my cats jump when they hear loud noises. Good luck.

Thanks for replying with your answer and I think your cats are handsome trio and I like your names you chose for your cats.

Here are some pics of Sabrina and her buddies, Sabrina and Joey sleeping together.