Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying thing your kitty does....

Most annoying thing your kitty does....

I wont name all the annoying things from each kitty. But I want to tell everyone about Amos. I got this idea from starandbratsmoms' thread and from talking to Marina tonight. Thought it could be fun. I do love my big fella, but he could drive ANYONE crazy with his antics

Amos is a pain in my butt. He ALWAYS does things to make me crazy, I believe on purpose...

Would you like 2 examples?

1: The most ANNOYING sound ever... I have something called the scat cat mat. My kitties, if not let into a room within a milisecond, scratch under the door, ripping and shredding my BRAND new carpet. EVERY door in my house is now pulled up, and sections torn out Anyways, the scat mat makes a LOUD screeching sound, and does not stop until the cat gets off of it. ALL of my other kitties dont even go near it, it is a piercing sound...

Amos uses this as a doorbell. Literally... He will stand on it for 10 minutes if I let him. 3 in the morning, 6 in the morning, and all the other times in between. He even walks over to stomp on it, in intervals, just for attention.. THIS COULD MAKE ANYONE PSYCHOTIC I have videos of this to prove it!

2: He is obsessed with water. Not drinking it, but splashing it all out. Running into the bowl.. Tipping over the dish. BUT NEVER drinking it. I made a little room out of a HUGE plastic storage unit, by cutting out a square. Atleast the carpet does not get ruined in his "watertime rituals" Works like a charm, and he still gets soaked to the bone. Win-Win in my eyes!

So what does your cat do to annoy and make you crazy?
    Last edited by kt_luvs_kitties; 10-01-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Awww! Silly Amos! That's not for playing on you nawtee kitty!

Isis is kind of hard to describe. She is not a lovey dovey sort of cat with 99.9 percent of most folks. Don't get me wrong, she has never ever bitten or scratched. I love her, her personality, attitude, and such, and that is not the annoyance. What *is* happens to be the result of her attitude. She is always tense (as if about to leap away at any moment) and she likes to crawl on my chest and KNEAD KNEAD KNEAD. It does not feel very well as it feels like she is always pressing down. At any rate, I would put up with it forever as long as I have her.

Milo has the lovely little habit of using claws when he gets a bit excited. He has never been mean, he just does it. Example, he will knead and then begin to use claws in the process. One thing that he does is if you are walking way from him then he will wrap his arms around your leg and meows really loud. It sounds like he is saying "NOOOO!" It is kind of sad, kind of comical.

Raggy likes to sit on top of Fluffys tank. And on anything you are reading. Or drawing. Or studying.

My sisters kitten, Indy, likes to run around like a mad cat! She is very loving but she is kind of INSANE sometimes! XD She likes to play with, jump on, run over, tackle, bat, and toy with everything! It's only annoying when she sends paper, cups, and other objects flying!

I am going to include Spanky since I think she believes she is a kitty. She is just like Indy. When she gets the zoomies then she runs over EVERYTHING! She is a daredevil dog! She takes flying leaps from the couch to chairs and anywhere else she thinks she can land! Yep, she even jumps to the ground. She enjoys using us ladders during this joyous time.

Archy will get up on my lap when I'm at the computer, but he will not sit still. He constantly gets up, turns, lays down, gets up, turns, lays down, etc. Then he's on the keyboard, then back on my lap. I love him dearly, but this drives me crazy ("short trip" as my husband will say)................
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

ROFL! Amos both looks & acts like my pissant, Domino. I can see Domi playing the Scat Mat game if we had one!

Ace can be annoying because he's SOOOO demanding; he'll crash his big 10 pound butt on the laptop if he wants more attention. Or he'll grab my arm and hold it in a bearhug. Then there's his big, wonky body that he throws all over everywhere, including trying to knock his mama down the stairs!!

Spirit talks ALL THE TIME, and she has the most obnoxious voice ever.

Andy often parks himself on the back of the chair or sofa where I am sitting. He then "combs my hair" with his teeth. That is exactly how it feels. If I tell him no it does no good. I usually have to just switch chairs or invite him to come down in my lap. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He has been known to follow me to another chair if he is really intent on giving my hair a good "combing."

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    He has been known to follow me to another chair if he is really intent on giving my hair a good "combing."
    That's the CATACOMB!

MY peeve? It's not really a peeve but it does make me laugh when I want to refer to a column or something in the newspaper.....

It the EDSTER laying his 'of size arse' on top as soon as I set it down for him.

I do wait until he is done tho....he let me read it first and set it out for him!

THE CAT ENGINEERS WHO WILL EMPTY THE LITTER BOX UNTO THE FLOORS SO THAT THE OTHER CATS WILL BE MISGUIDED AND DO THIER BUSINESS THERE.
    AND SCRAPPY 2 WILL SIT IN THE BOX AND WOULD SCRAPE FURREVER IF I DIDNT STOP HER!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    That's the CATACOMB!
    LOL! Richard! I think he fancies himself a hair stylist!

I am glad I am not the only one with the cat scratch mat problem. My bedroom door has claw marks from Star wanting in my bedroom. We finally gave in. Get this, she sleeps right next to me, actually I am squished between my boyfriend (who hogs) and Star (who hogs). I have to mold myself in between the two. No wonder I can't sleep at night.
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

Mollie Rose doing her litterbox marathon. She'll go into the box in my room, throw littter all over my floor like a banchee, runs in the bathroom litterbox and tosses litter all over the bathroom floor, then back the bedroom boxes again then she runs up onto the top of the fridge. She's 16 and acts like she's a kitten.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well I think I need a list:
    1. Bart – For sitting on my lap when it's hot.
    - Making bread with his hind nails causing right leg puncture.
    - Getting excited and ringing my nee with puncture holes.
    2. Mits - pouncing on my lap with perfect aim.
    - Jumping off lap, using stomach for launch pad.
    - Tickling my face to wake me for loving at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am
    3. Princess - head butting and snuggling while I am trying to get dress every
    Morning.
    4. Peak – coming whenever any one is called.
    5. Lenny – the 4am alarm clock
    - The stair trip master (always at the top)
    6. Lucky – for trying too steal my dinner
    - For holding my pants down so that I can not leave the bathroom
    - For try to escape from the TV room over the child gate 8-10 times a night.
    7. Roscoe – for the perforated legs, arms, chest when climbing.
    - For the perforated heel, when he attacks from under the chair.
    8. Bailey – For making sure that every one knows that he is the GRUPPY OLD MAN
    9. Boots – For making sure that all our cloths are hung properly in the closet.
    -for make sure the old or out style are shreded.
    10. Sweety – for keeping my side of the bed warm even on the hottest days
    11. Chessie – (my wife’s lover) for canceling my love life.
    12. LB – for just being so cute and making sure that the litter is all over the floor.
    I just have to sleep when I can, keep a good supply of band-aids, and watch my step.
    If I stop to think about it there are many more for each and all. I can not see living with out them
    GILL & Crew;

Taz's annoying thing is if he decides to grab you as you walk by and I haven't trimmed his nails, he will get a nail hung up on your skin. OUCH!
    ATM the annoying thing with Taz is that he is meowing his head off for me to feed him. I feed him and he doesn't eat it.

Paizly's annoying traits are sitting or walking across the keyboard. I've learned what buttons do that I never knew before.
    And deciding she wants to play in the wee hours of the morning. This is why she gets put in her room at night.
    A new annoying thing Paizly does is get in my way while I'm walking. She used to run when she saw feet coming toward her. Now I guess she is more comfortable so she really gets under your feet.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Like Amos, Monte is a naughty water boy. I hear him clinking the bowls together, as he uses his paw to tip it over, and I yell, "Montana"! He dashes from the room and I enter it to clean up the water. He sometimes does it to the food bowl, but, the water bowl is usually done. I have placed it inside a slightly larger bowl and placed it on a matt. That cuts down on the spillage some.

Gus'sers eats my head. I can be sitting on the couch or laying down and he will be purring all over, and next thing I know he is biting my head! I think it is crazy, and it always scares me. I don't know if it is my hair or my head he is trying to get to, but, he bites hard!

Dakky and his whining. I feed him separately. He whines as I carry the food to my room, passed a still sleeping Jonah. He whines to come out when he is done. He whines to get back into the bedroom, as I close the door to allow Minnie to eat some food. Daks is a whiney boy!

14. I sleepily write this because Eddie was howling all night long. Only when I would call out to him would he SHUT UP!

I have created this myself...he likes to join either of us in the water closet in our bathroom. He cries until you pat his butt firmly.....then he purrs and purss while you pat and pat.... My boy is a pervert!

Hobbes insists on digging to China in his litter box. A good 10 minutes of dig dig dig, throw throw throw. It's like Jones Beach in my bathroom!
    Calvin moves his water bowl. He usually doesn't spill it but he moves it ever so slightly so it ends up in the middle of the kitchen by days end. I'M the one that kicks it and spills!
    I have a Cal King bed. Not sure what the square inches is but my wrist and leg is a pretty small percentage. Calvin cannot just jump over me. Oh no..he has to land on something. ANYTHING. No matter how small as long as it's attached to me. He also launches himself from much larger platforms like my stomach or butt. He just feels the need to stomp on me in bed