View Poll Results: Firearms, guns. Are they open for disscussion here?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firearms, guns are an open topic.

31 65.96%
  • Firearms, guns are not an open topic.

5 10.64%
  • Bacon, to keep the poll Pirate. Yall dont have to understand

11 23.40%
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms. Yea or Nay?

Firearms. Yea or Nay?

Before I start another thread and posting pics.

What does PetTalk say about guns? Yea or Nay.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

This battle is going on in Canada...a gun registry was established a couple of years ago, and was a total dud as far as the administrative work...not efficient at all.

The shootings in our city, as in many others, are done by criminals who get the guns illegally. One recent incident (see General for story on the young man blinded) was caused by a shooter who had been int court before, and was under order to not possess firearms.

JMO - Gun control punishes the lawful, and does nothing to stop the criminal from using guns.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    JMO - Gun control punishes the lawful, and does nothing to stop the criminal from using guns.
    Ill chime in again in the morning but I kinda like you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

It is an okay topic - the Dog House is for anything controversial. As long as you remember that this is Pet Talk, and stay polite and respectful of people even if they have differing opinions, the topic is okay to discuss.

There have been threads about hunting before, do a search, and you'll see many threads. Read a few before posting, just so you don't duplicate a discussion that has already happened.

I have a gun (45). I like it...

I would want it if someone broke into my house...

I dont want to use it, but I would

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I say crispy, not limp!

And is it really Canadian?

My dad was a Mountie for 20 years. At the time he joined (1948) the standard issue was a Colt .45 (I believe it's now a .38)

He was in Air Division, so was away a lot. When my sister and I quite young - maybe 6 or so? - he showed us the top drawer of his dresser where the gun was kept. He was adamently clear that we were NEVER to touch it UNLESS someone broke in while he was away. The bullets were loose - I don't think the gun was loaded - and he showed me how to hold it properly and what to do (gun WAS unloaded for this!). That thing weighed a TON - but I was able to hold it on my own.

I guess it made sense - if Mom was grabbed, one of us had to help out.

We never had to use it, thank God.

A certain law came in, late 90's, and all handguns were to be handed in to the gov't. Dad had died in 1996 - and this gun was a part of what he had done and who he was - it meant something to our family, and not as a weapon.

The law was changed to read that these guns could be kept if they were deactivated, and that this process was documented and sent to the gov't.

Good thing we never had to grab an inactive gun to fight someone who had stolen theirs.

Thanks, Dad. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I have a Rugar .357 Magnum from when I was with the Auxillary State Police. It is locked and loaded. I am a revolver expert, according to the State Police. As long as the Constitution says it's within my rights to have a gun, I will keep my little friend handy but safe.

Criminals can get guns whenever they want one so I don't think that gun control is going to do any good.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Im not a hunter so my guns are for personal protection and target shooting. There are some hunters who diasprove of my choice in rifles.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

I wish there were fewer guns on the streets of Chicago being used to shoot people. There's no easy answer for the issue of gun violence, at least in Chicago. It is getting more attention because of Chicago's bid for the Olympic Games and because of the number of children and teenagers being shot. Plus, the shooters' guns have more power than police officers' guns do. This past spring they tried to arm the police with more powerful guns.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread351814/pg1
    It is definitely a many-faceted problem.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I wish there were fewer guns on the streets of Chicago being used to shoot people. There's no easy answer for the issue of gun violence, at least in Chicago. It is getting more attention because of Chicago's bid for the Olympic Games and because of the number of children and teenagers being shot. Plus, the shooters' guns have more power than police officers' guns do. This past spring they tried to arm the police with more powerful guns.
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread351814/pg1
    It is definitely a many-faceted problem.
    The problem in Chicago is that the criminals have no problem arming themselves and the law abiding citizens cant arm themselves.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

What's with the bacon and pirate choice??? I so don't get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    What's with the bacon and pirate choice??? I so don't get that one.
    On Pirate4x4 no poll is valid without a choice for bacon, I hate seeing a poll without it.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Ok, that is just weird. Why bacon? Is Pirate4x4 an odd site?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Ok, that is just weird. Why bacon? Is Pirate4x4 an odd site?
    Bacon is awesome for starters. I guess off roaders and firearm enthusiests have an affinity for the pork product known as bacon.

And since this is a firearms thread here are some firearms.

I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.