Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Did Not Know Where To Post This.

I Just Did Not Know Where To Post This.

I know I have not been on PT in a really long time. And I am so sorry. A lot has happened and I feel the need to tell you all as you have been there for Dave and me through some hard times.

First, Dave and I got married on week ago today. I am now Mrs. David Perrin. That is the good news.

Now the bad.

Most of you know of Dave's mom and her fight with Cancer since Nov. '06. For those that do not, here is a link to the thread.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115883

Things looked pretty good for a while. Then the cancer spread to her liver, ribs, spine, and other various bones. She started taking chinese herbs and juice along with the Chemo. It helped a bit with her liver and energy level. She ended up with pnemonia about 3 wks ago and was admitted to the hospital. She was able to be discharged for our wedding, but went right back in on Sunday night. It was so hard for her to breathe (even with oxygen) that she was not able to make our ceremony, just part of our reception. On Wed. they found fluid around her heart and decided to do surgery to remove the fluid. She was transferred to Christ Hospital for the surgery on Thursday. They removed 500cc's of fluid...normal people only have 25cc's in their body. They had her on a venitlater after the surgery, but she signed a DNR on Tuesday of last week. She basically was tired of fighting. They kept her very comfortable Friday and Saturday. She passed on Saturday at about 7:40pm. She waited for her family and friends to be there. And she is at peace now and with her mom.

Dave is doing as good as he can. He says he knows she is out of pain and that this is what she wanted. He is coping well, or so he says. His sister and step-dad are of course a wreck. I just pray they come through this okay. I know it must be so hard.

Helen was an amzing woman that lived through Breast Cancer twice, two strokes, a heart attack, and fought for the last 23 months with this horrible cancer. She is no longer suffering. She passed at the age of 48.

Rest In Peace Helen Ray. You were and still are very loved.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Oh no! My thoughts are with you and your families during this very difficult time. **HUG**

R.I.P. Helen.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole family. Give Dave an extra hug, tell him it is from Pet Talk, okay?

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!

R.I.P. Helen.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

{{{{hugs}}}}

To you and David...and I admire Helen who had survived so much, and won all the battles...and knew when she would not win...

I've lost my dad and my younger sister to long chronic illnesses...when they finally passed, there was shock of course - but an equal measure of relief for those who fought along with their loved one.

In case David or anyone feels guilty for feeling relieved, tell them it is normal.

48 is way too young.

My condolences...and I hope happy memories come along to comfort you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for dear Helen and for those left behind.

Seems odd, but I do want to acknowledge your other bit of news too: Congrats on the wedding! Many blessings for years together.

What a wonderful gift you gave Helen...to see you married before she passed.

Godspeed Helen.

I'm happy for you and I'm sad for you. Please know that prayers will continue to help your healing hearts.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So very sorry for your loss.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thank you everybody for your kind words and thoughts. Dave and I really appreciate it.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Tracy, I am happy for your marriage and so sad for your loss. Thinking and praying for you and your husband,

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations and condolences, Tracy. How wonderful that Helen was able to share in your joy, if only for a short time. And you and Dave have each other to hold on to during this sad time.

First, congratulations on the marriage.

Second, I am so sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law. She was a strong woman, obviously, for what she's been through at such a young age. She is now at peace.

RIP Helen
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

So sorry for your loss. RIP Helen. She went through so much for being so young.

This is so bittersweet. Congratulations on the marriage. That's so wonderful.

My sincere condolences to Dave and all of you for the death of his courageous Mom. What a strong lady. She went through so much at a very young age.

Rest In Peace Helen

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!