Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers request

Prayers request

Hello everyone,

I just got news that today my 19-year-old cousin was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer. It all started with a little swelling on his shoulder which did not go away after a few days on prescribed antibiotics. An MRI and biopsy later confirmed a form of cancer that is so aggressive, chemotherapy must immediately begin tomorrow.

A few weeks ago, he was a normal kid getting ready to start his 2nd year in college, so carefree and so much in control of his life, now he's laying helplessly in the hospital waiting for his chemotherapy treatment to begin. His life was suddenly put in a halt as he's trying to figure out the first step toward a new path God's leading him onto.

So, I humbly ask that you would please keep my cousin in your thoughts & prayers. May God holds his hands throughout his diagnosis and treatments, and never lets go, and may God shows his parents (my aunt & uncle) and his sisters & brother lots of courage and supports as they in turn encourage and support him, and walk right alongside with him in this journey.

In God we trust. Amen.

Theresa

Thanks ~Jessie~

Reminds me of those sayings, "Life happens while we are making other plans," and there is one about God's Plan being the right path for us.

World turned on its head, my goodness, he must be in a daze as much as anything.

Prayers for all of you.

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all" definitely applies in your nephew's life, doesn't it? He probably feels as though the rug has been pulled out from under him. Sending up many prayers for him that his treatment will quickly be successful. Peace to you and yours.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh, how sad! I'm so sorry.
    Lots of prayers and good thoughts on the way! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Oh no! Thank God he had the bump checked out instead of just hoping it'd go away. God seems to be watching over him, even though he's dealing with the "C word".

There seem to be a lot of positives here. It was found early, he's young and thus should be resiliant, and he has PT praying for him. ((((Hugs))))

Please keep us updated on him. Did they remove the bump at biospy?

Prayers going out to him and your family.

God bless.

Take care,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

How devastating for your whole family. You can count on my prayers at this difficult time. Yes, he is young, and has a good chance of beating this.

We will keep him and your family in our prayers. I hope that his lymphoma is one of the easily beatable kinds.

{{{{hugs}}}} and prayers for your cousin and his family.

I too hope that he has youth on his side, and that the journey will be one into a new and healthy life.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. ((hugs)) and good thoughts on the way.

Oh Dear Theresa.... a gazillion prayers for your cousin, his family and yours.

I've been Boooo'd!

Thank you everyone for the outpouring supports. All the good vibes/thoughts/prayers are greatly appreciated.

At this time, I don't have lots of information. All I know for now is that the cancer is pretty aggressive as there is already sign it has spread to the bones. The doctors are baffled at how fast it's developed, and are trying their best to give him the best care possible.

Thanks goodness he has youth on his side, and the support of everyone who loves him.

My parents visited him yesterday, and told me they cried like a baby when they saw what he wrote on the white board next to his hospital bed, that he loves his family so much, and he asks God to please comfort his mother and siblings for him. He told my parents that he promises to beat the cancer, and that he cannot wait to return to school!. What a spirit!

Please continue to pray for him as his battle against cancer has just begun. I'm sure God hears our prayers & will answer them accordingly.

My thanks & love to you all,
    Theresa

Thanks ~Jessie~

It does sound like your cousin has a great spirit in him and with that and his age hopefully he will be able to beat this cancer. He will be in my prayers as will his parents and entire family - including you!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Prayers on the way
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Your cousin is in my prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana