Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 most destructive dogs :)

Top 10 most destructive dogs :)

I just ran across this today and thought it was interesting although the answers seem surprising. How could a chihuahua be almost as destructive as a great dane?
    http://doggies.com/blog/2008/09/16/t...tructive-dogs/

Of course we don't have a lot of info here, i.e., do these pet owners use a crate for training or just let the dogs run loose unsupervised? At any rate, it made me smile because I remember the puppyhood days. The worst thing Bella ever did was find a little piece of "unglued down" wallpaper and tug on it which made it pull up off the wall. She did this right in front of me while I was on the phone!

No siberian husky? Now that is surprising! Maybe the chihuahua "destruction" is peeing in the house.

I wonder how closely that list reflects the ten most popular breeds in Great Britain? After all, it is just based on the number of insurance claims. I mean, has anyone here seriously called in a claim for their insurance because a puppy soiled the rug?

Good point, Amy. I can see the Chis peeing in the house but those little teeth on D and D are hardly destructive otherwise.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Wait a minute, I could have filed an insurance claim for the damage that ginger did by digging a hole in my carpet and chewing on my wall? I never knew that.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 09-19-2008 at 02:24 PM.

I didn't know you could turn pet damage into your insurance company!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

11. Jake
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    11. Jake
    AWWW Annette, it's hard to believe that such a sweet looking dog could be capable of rating their own # on this poll. I think in Jake's case, I think *THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT* (whatever it was, that he did )

Yeah I think that is a little weird. Pit Bulls are some of the most destructive dogs I've seen, of course they don't have them there. Not all are destructive in the least bit but some certainly are. Mine have chewed trees, guaranteed "chew proof" dog house, kongs that are supposed to be tough, the similar "pit bull tested" guaranteed rhino toy, tons of other things.

I guess it would kind of depend on the destruction. Chis can be bad little chewers and while they don't usually destroy such big things it could be an expensive item. Our pit breeder friend who passed away had a Chi who would chew and chewed up the house phone cord a few times. If they chewed the cord off something very expensive that'd be a big claim.

Hmmmm, I have no problems with chihuahua destruction in my home, peeing or otherwise unless taking tissues out of the bathroom trash count and leaving me little pieces on the bathroom floor LOL. Neither of my boxers were destructive either....I guess I have gotten pretty lucky Good gosh I hope I did not just jinx myself LOL.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

The most destructive dog is...

1. A puppy of any breed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    AWWW Annette, it's hard to believe that such a sweet looking dog could be capable of rating their own # on this poll. I think in Jake's case, I think *THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT* (whatever it was, that he did )

Ha ha Pam, Jake is the chewingest puppy I've had in a while. I always wanted to name a dog Chewy, guess I missed my chance! Maybe Chewy can be his middle name.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I sure can believe the beagle one. Oreo was the result of an accident between a poodle and beagle. She destroyed anything she could get her little mouth on. She chewed up couch cushions, chair cushions, toys, shoes, on end tables. Anything that fell or was on the floor was in her territory. I have never had a dog so destructive as she. The ones I have know (knock on wood) all together have been less destructive than she was. The only thing I can say in her favor was that I worked during the day and when the kids came home from school they would let her out of her crate and then disappear. She was shut in to half of the house - kitchen, dining room and family room so some of it she did out of boredom and also out of spite. (and do not try to tell me that some dogs don't know about getting even).

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    No siberian husky? Now that is surprising! Maybe the chihuahua "destruction" is peeing in the house.
    I was shocked not to see any Sibes either!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

12. Aspen the Challenged JRT

She has peeled our wallpaper off in strips, from the height she can reach standing on her back legs to the baseboards, all through the hallway. Once finished with that, she proceeded to chew the banisters of our stairway, like a beaver working on a big tree.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien