Thread: Hobbes

Hobbes

below is a post I did on 7/5/02, the day I got Patches and Charlie,
    I had seen Hobbes on the website.

while at the Hermitage today, I asked about Hobbes, and he was put down just this morning...so heres to Hobbes and all the other poor, brave pets. Hobbes I miss you without even actually meeting you!

by Paul Gallico extract from "sleep"
    cats cradle,
    cats slumber,
    soft slumber
    sleep softly
    all cats

I don't know if its fittng or not, but just kind of quickly looked up something to post. rest in peace Hobbes.
    I couldn't find Hobbes picture til now, thats why I am reposting this, and adding his pic. I wish I could have adopted him.

doesn't that pic just make you want to cry?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Faith in God

Former User Guest
    Oh poor baby, he looks so sad...

OMG, that's terrible... I'm sorry to say that I never saw your original post, so if this is a silly question then I'm really sorry but... Why was he put down?! I mean... I don't know of any shelters here in Sweden, but I don't get what the point of having a shelter is if you're just going to kill the animals there! This makes me so upset

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

no it is not a silly question. I guess he was put down because of his arthritis, he must have been in pain. he was nine, which is not all that old. now that I think about it, it wasnt old at all. but I know they don't kill cats there unless they are in pain.
    Faith in God

Oh, I understand then. Still, that's really sad because I think there must have been some sort of medicine he could have been given to feel better or anything...

Sorry, this just makes me so sad

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Why?

I just don't understand why people let their animals keep breeding, not knowing how they will feed or take care of the offsprings. I just don't get it. I suppose there are children out there in the same situation - being even more horrible.

I sometimes think unwanted pets that are put down, put to sleep, are better off if no one wants to take care of them. I know that all creatures are part of the food chain, but we as humans decided to make pets of these poor things. I am always horrified when I see people bring in a slew of kittens in a box and make them someone else's responsibility. What were they thinking? Aha. They were NOT thinking. I answered my own question. We have folks out there who don't think beyond breakfast!

Well, I hope this kitty's furry little soul is at peace now. I trust that all of the pets that are put down, are safe at last. How very, darn sad. I just don't get it. If they can afford to feed these cats, dogs etc., they can afford to have them spayed and altered.

Do you think we could/should start putting "thinking medicine" in the drinking water from now on?

I'm also amazed at the number of house cats that are left alone. In my neighborhood people move in and out often and sometimes they leave behind their cats. I can't understand that, my parents taught me that pets are part of the family. They could at least try to find a home for their cat, but they just leave them on the street. That's how I ended up with so many porch cats. I take care of all the friendly cats that people have left behind.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I just don't understand why people let their animals keep breeding, not knowing how they will feed or take care of the offsprings. I just don't get it
    I will never understand it either, unless they just don't care! that is exactly why I really don't like breeders, there are hundreds, thousands in the ads in the back of cat magazines!it really makes me sick that they keep bringing more cats into the world when there are so many homeless ones, how can the homeless ever stop with all the cat breeding??
    I would love to have a mother cat around here and her kittens, but I could never breed them. someday I will take in a mother cat and her kittens, but I don't have the room or time to care for them now.
    Faith in God