Thread: New smells in the yard! :)

New smells in the yard! :)

We had a tree taken down today. In one of the last storms a tree from the woods behind our house blew down and fell across our fence. It took hubby two days to get the wood cut up and he had to get the fence back up right away because of the dogs. We decided not to let this happen again so we had a tree removed that didn't look too healthy.

Here are some shots that I took of the dogs after the workmen left. They couldn't wait to get out there and see things up close.

Look at the first thing that Ripley did upon seeing all of the cut wood! He wanted to tell the world that it was HIS wood pile!

Next Bella had to give it a good sniffing.

Still checking out the smells.

"Mom look! I found a stick they left behind!"

Hope you enjoyed.

Hehehe, Ripley sees it as his personal potty, and Bella sees it as a great big toy box filled with very large stickies to play with. Glad to hear that you didn't have any more damage than just a downed fence. And I am happy to see that Ripley and Bella give their newly repaired yard the paws up.

First, let me repeat what Joyce said.

Can those two get any more adorable? I don't think so!! Why do all dogs have to smell so much? lol It reminds me of my girls. Everything is such an adventure for doggies. Thanks for sharing this with us, Pam. Kisses to Bella and Ripley for me please!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Pups love their good smells! Great photos of Bella and Ripley. Tell them I met a Jenna and a Flirt tonight on my walks with Bodea. They mirrored your two dogs, Pam!

Now I want to repeat what Terry said! It looks like Bella and Ripley had a fun adventure! Bella, that is a very long stick! Kisses for me, too, please. Some for Andy, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Everything is such an adventure for doggies. Thanks for sharing this with us, Pam. Kisses to Bella and Ripley for me please!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Your pups always look so well groomed, bubba is a long haired mess right now, I am waiting till after a camping trip to have him groomed, and he had a doctor appointment he is FAT!

I have to start walking him more!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Look at my widdle pee man go!!! Oh, how much I luv that boy!!!
    And beautiful, sweet Bella snagged herself a leftover!
    Awesome pics, Pam! Looks like you all will be nice and cozy by the fire this winter1

I've been Boooo'd!

The logs belong to Ripley and no one else!!! Boy, I bet they did have lots of good smells from all of that wood.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Awww, Ripley, you are such a man for marking your territory at all boundaries! AnnaBelle sends her love and says she sure would love to explore your backyard with you!

Bella ... you are lovely as ever!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

What curious Poodles you two are! I swear I think you have a little Retriever mixed in with you, or Bloodhound!!! Way to mark your territory, Rip!!!

Thank you for your nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    Look at my widdle pee man go!!! Oh, how much I luv that boy!!!

Awesome pics, Pam! Looks like you all will be nice and cozy by the fire this winter1
    Karen, he will go and go and go on our walks! Even when there is nothing left, the little leg will still go up. It was no surprise to me that he had to race over and "do the deed" on the wood pile.

Unfortunately we don't have a fireplace but Robyn does. She will get all of the wood from the tree that fell down several weeks ago, but this pile is too big to cart off to Maryland! Does anyone want some wood? I am going to ask my neighbor if he would like it since he took some the last time we had a tree removed. If he is all set for the winter, I will put it on Craigslist.

Ripley and Bella sure seemed happy to find something new in their backyard to sniff and do other things to. Taggert and Jack would definitely use it as their new bathroom since it is new and just sitting right there. It always amazes me when something different or someone different has been in the yard. The dogs all have to sniff it all over. Beautiful pictures of Ripley and Bella!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather