Thread: Samson

Samson

Samson was my nephew, Nathan's, 5 month old german shepard/great pyranees puppy. He was sweet and adorable. He adored Nathan and Nathan adored him. He was the ultimate kids dog. He'd put up with anything and just lick Nathans face. At 9:30 this morning he was running around and playing, acting normal. By 10:00, I went outside to bring him in and he was dead. I don't know what happened. He seemed so fine. I saw no signs of anything wrong. He wasn't attacked by anything, it wasn't heatstroke (it was 70 degrees and he was found in the shade), not dehydration. We're just at a loss to what happened. He was the sweetest dog. It just breaks my heart because Nathan walks around the house calling his name. Nathan is only two. How do you explain something like this to a two year old? He doesn't understand.

I know many people believe in pennies from heaven sent by people they have lost (I know I do) but how about pennies from heaven from a dog? I was washing a pair of Nathans pants about an hour and a half after Samson died and a shiny penny fell out of the pocket. We NEVER put things like pennies in Nathans pockets.

R.I.P. Sammy boy
    April 7, 2008-Septemer 16, 2008

Oh my gosh, that is horrible!!

RIP Samson
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh no how heartbreaking . I am so sorry for your loss.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Oh no! I hope the vet can help figure things out. They could do a check on Samson that isn't an actual autopsy (I am sorry to mention the word). But something unusual must have happened - Samson was so young!

Be a happy puppy angel playing at the Bridge, Samson.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Oh no! I hope the vet can help figure things out. They could do a check on Samson that isn't an actual autopsy (I am sorry to mention the word). But something unusual must have happened - Samson was so young!

Be a happy puppy angel playing at the Bridge, Samson.

We didn't take him to the vet. We just buried him. I didn't even think of taking him to the vet.