Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptops?? What do you have?

Laptops?? What do you have?

What brand of laptop do you have?? I'm looking into getting a laptop but I have no idea what brand to go with or anything. Dell? Apple?? Some other brand?!? I think I want it to replace my desktop, so it would be used to typing papers...storing photos, and the internet, thats about it.

Please post about any problems you have had with yours or anything like that, I really don't even know where to start!

-Thanks!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Currently, I have a dell. I would not say they are the best way to go. Mine is a peice of crap and broke twice. One of the hinges broke and it happened to my brothers, my sisters, and my teachers laptop as well. It might be more expensive but get an Apple. In the long run it'll save you ALOT.

I have a MacBook, and I love it! We really haven't had any problems with it at all, and we've had it for over 2 years now.

Look at speed, speed, SPEED! I bought a slow one and hate it from day one.

I have a Gateway. I had Compaq, but I think I killed that one. I got a universal adapter for a charger because a dog chewed through the adapter that came with it. Well I guess in the long run it shorted out my screen.

I'm quite happy with my Gateway now, though! =]

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

If you are looking to use it as a desktop replacement, get a 17 inch monitor with the full numeric keyboard. They are a bit heavier, but if you aren't carrying them all over with you it won't matter. I have had my Acer for a year this month and haven't had trouble with it. But I agree with Freedom. RAM is important, especially if you'll be running Vista.

I have a Macbook and am very happy with it! I have never had any problems whatsoever and it handles everything very well. My sister bought a new Toshiba around the same time as I bought my Mac, and even she agrees that I ended up with the better computer. ;D
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

right now i'm on the sony vaio.
    2 of my brothers have one and my cousin has one and they are all great

I'll repost my opinion of Dell from another post I did...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...highlight=dell
    I'd never buy a Dell anything again. When I got this cpu I specifically asked several of the online sales people if I could get software tech support. They all emphatically said YES but that it would cost me an additional $100. I'm like ok, so I paid the additional $$, my invoice simply said 'telephone tech support'. So the first time I ran into a software problem with the OS I call. I get told the additional money I paid out was ONLY for HARDWARE support. If I wanted software support I could call a number, give my credit card, and get help via a per minute charge!!!

I've never had problems like that with the old Gateway I had for years, and believe it or not STILL has software support on a Win. 98!! They never give me static and have always been helpful, even if I can't always quite understand the accent of the tech person. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I do have a older iBook (Not the clamshells, after that) and it is good, but it is a pain to type on with my fingers used to a Desktop sized aircraft carrier keyboard.

I have a Dell for the windows base programs that I need to run. I have a MacBook which I prefer to use for internet, etc. as it is much faster.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I have an HP Pavilion. I LOVE IT! I got a great deal on it. It's super fast and has yet to let me down. The only things that could improve are battery life (but I guess with any laptop that eventually becomes an annoyance), and XP instead of Vista (but that's not really their fault either...) :P

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I'll also re-post what I said in another recent thread.

I've had a macbook for a year and a half now, and I've never had any problems with it, ever. Ok, well, I filled up the memory on it but I have a LOT on it. Also, if you let it go past the "reserve battery" message until you run out of battery, it has to sit quite a while before it comes to life again, but other than that I've never had any problems at all with it. It starts up really quick.

Niño & Eliza

I've had my MacBook for over 2 years and never had any problems with it. My husband has a 4 year old PowerBook that still runs perfectly.

The only "problem" I've ever had was storing my thousands of pictures. It got to be too much so now I don't keep them on my laptop, I keep them on my husband's MacPro. If that became an issue you could keep them on an external drive though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I have a Toshiba Wirless with Vista.. Love it.. This is my second Toshiba Wireless..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>