Thread: UGH! More surgery

UGH! More surgery

In order for my new teeth to fit right, there is a small bone mass on my upper palate that has to be removed. The oral surgeon said it could be done under local anestetic (sp?) or put me under. I opted for local. Putting me under would mean ANOTHER stay in the hospital. Once a year is enough!

Oh my I am so sorry to hear this David.. Yes do it the best way possible without a hospital stay.. Good Luck & keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Ah, with teeth it never does end, does it David? Luckily the removal of tori can be done under local anesthetic; I don`t blame you for not opting for general anesthesia. Hope it goes well and that you get your new choppers soon!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Even if you have to be put under anesthesia, it might not mean an overnight stay. When I had my bone grafts done, I was completely out but was able to go home w/in a couple of hours. It might do you well to verify this w/your dentist, David. Maybe s/he thinks that general anesthesia isn't necessary, though.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

David, you may also want to check with your insurance!

When I had my wisdom teeth out, insurance would not pay if it was done under a local. I had to have general anesthesia and an overnight stay in hospital. So that is how I did it.

Either way, you are getting closer to having this project finished, that is GOOD.

I have that bone in the roof of my mouth, been there all my life and I never realized not everybody had it until late in my adult life. Just thought it was normal. Mine don't bother me or wearing my dentures. Several dentist have told me as long it don't have califlower edges or bother me just to leave it alone. My Mom had it too. Good luck on your surgery!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We've got to get you off that "Medical Train", David. Are you starting to feel like you're at your doctors/dentists more than you are anywhere else? I know that feeling.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and really wishing that you're doctor free by Halloween(hopefully sooner) this year.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    We've got to get you off that "Medical Train", David. Are you starting to feel like you're at your doctors/dentists more than you are anywhere else? I know that feeling.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and really wishing that you're doctor free by Halloween(hopefully sooner) this year.
    Terry, believe me I would like to pull the emergency cord and get off this train! I think I've read every magazine in every waiting room. It seems like every time I see a doctor, some kind of new problem shows up! Hopefully I can get back to work at the beginning of october.

I was never so sick as when I was going to doctors. The one thing I began to realize was they always said "I need to see you again in 1month/3months" when all I was paying them to do was to walk in and ask how I was doing, offer more meds but never say "Let's find the cause and fix that!"..

I just quit going... period! Feel better than I have in years now! I do my annuals and then avoid going anymore.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    Terry, believe me I would like to pull the emergency cord and get off this train! I think I've read every magazine in every waiting room. It seems like every time I see a doctor, some kind of new problem shows up! Hopefully I can get back to work at the beginning of october.
    I know what you mean, David.

How do you know you're going to too many doctors?
    Answer: You know more about celebrities and politics than the people know about themselves.

This is funny but true. After so many doctor and hospital trips, I was able to converse with anyone anywhere about the latest celebrity gossip and political lowdown. One day, I said to myself, Terry, you know way too much about this stuff. Enough already!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

operation

My oral operation is set for a week from wednesday at 1:30 at the dental school. It'll be done under local anethesia and I was given a choice: to have it done under a local of to put me completely under which meant putting me back in the hospital again! (NO THANKS!) One trip a year to the hospital is enough.

Good luck, David. I'm sure that all will be well.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good Choice, David!!! I would have done the same thing. Best wishes. Prayers will be going out for you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Grrrr, my wonderful boss!

Tomorrow I go in for my operation. My boss in his infinite wisdom asked me what time I had to be there. I told him 1:30pm. He says "Good, then you can work until 10:30!" I was hoping to get the whole day off so I wouldn't be tired, but he wanted to get a few more miles out of the old workhorse!

Thoughts and prayers are going out again for you, David. I hope you're doing fantastic!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!