Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home euthanize my Blanca

Blanca is playing at Rainbow Bridge now with all our sweet furkids.

You did a good think Darin - letting her go. I know it's so difficult - but she went loving and loved. She knew no fear.
    The tears will flow and you must grieve for your gorgeous furlady. You will never forget her.

{{{{Hugs to you and your wife}}}}}

Lynne

Prayers, Love and Hugs.

I feel for your loss. I am sure that I and others here shed a tear for you (I know I did).

You were brave, and did the right thing, and you should be commended for calling the vet and having him or her make the house call. (I am sure they sell inexpensive pet graves, it would be prudent to put your beloved pet in one, so, as you mentioned, she does not get dug up).

Do you know about the RAINBOW BRIDGE? Go here to read it. This is just one version:

http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~rneville/tbell.html

I have come to realise why it is soo D--N HARD to loose our pets.

Because loosing a child is one of the worst things in the world that can happen to a parent. And we become "PARENTS" when our pets come into our lives.

And Parents should NEVER SEE THEIR CHILDREN DIE. Yes, it happens, but it is horrible. Of all the deaths you could have (and they are all horrible), the death of a child has to be the worst.

So grieve and cry and be sad. You are not wierd, or whatever. And punch anyone who says "it's only a dog". (or at least shoot them the finger!)

After a while, no rush, you and your wife go and visit the local kennel, just to look. I am sure that someday in the future yall will welcome another dog into your life, and that dog will become one of those "luckiest dogs in the world", dogs!

I still miss Sparky, my Grandparents dog from when I was very little, Champion, my two miniature Schanausers that I had growing up. They both had to be put to sleep at 16. You will always miss them, and it is ok to miss them, but someday you should consider welcoming in another dog. NOT NOW, but someday.

My dog is just over a year old, and I don't want her to die, (of course she will, but I want to give her a very healthy life. I do home cooking for my dog, and it is easy for me to do, because she is so small and I cook up a batch of "stew" and it lasts for months (I freeze it in little containers).

My dad did this for both my dogs, when they died. He planted a bush where their final resting place was. "Life from death", or whatever, but it's nice to see the bush ) you could do a tree too.

My thoughts and prayers to both you and your wife.

Darin,

Wish we could be there to comfort you and your family... SOrry for your loss..

I found this poem somewhere... I could hear Blanca's voice while reading this..

Take care and God Bless...

A Simple Message From Your Pet

by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
    For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.
    I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched
    each other's lives.
    My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend.
    Today, I am as I was in my youth.
    The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon
    all of God's creatures.
    I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth.
    There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
    We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
    You live in our hearts as we do in yours.
    Companions such as you are very rare and unique.
    Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
    Give it to another like me and then I will live forever.
    For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your pet in heaven.

Darin,

Nothing I can say to help your heart mend.
    I know it gives me comfort to know that
    someday I will see all my beloved dogs again,
    and they are in a beautiful happier place.
    My husband burried a couple of our little
    dogs in our back yard.
    We bought stepping stones at the gardening store
    with cute sayings on them and
    placed them over their graves.
    They are surrounded by flowers and plants.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.

----<---<--<{(@

Safe Journey, Blanca........you are no longer in pain.

Darin, I know you and your wife are heartbroken. Make a commemorative stone for her grave, something that will always mark the spot where that special girl was laid to rest. I have heard so many beautiful stories about people doing this. I think it gives us closure and peace.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Logan

My heart goes out to you. It hurts so much, but precious Blanca is free of pain and running strong at the rainbow bridge.

{hugs}

You will be in all our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for the loss of your dear Blanca. We will be thinking of you and your family.

I am so sorry You did a very brave, selfless thing. I send you my heartfelt sympothies.

Rest in peace, dear Blanca.

I am so sorry for your loss. You made the right choice and Blanca is playing freely without pain at the rainbow bridge. You will always have great memories of the years you had with her.

We have buried 2 of our dogs in our yard and marked their grave - we felt comfort doing this.

I am glad you found this board and hope we will hear from you again.

I'm so sorry ...

to hear about your beautiful Blanca, but she is now at rest and at Rainbow Bridge. When we lost our angel girl last year, we planted a dogwood tree in our yard in her memory.

Danna

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, but it seems as though you really thought out what you were going to do. I wish I would have had the chance to do that with Keisha. I do understand & feel you pain. Just know you'll be in our thoughts as you grieve for your beloved Blanca.
    When our Keisha died we got a stone from:
    Plaques & More (888)279-9000
    They were very reasonable priced ($55) and did a wonderful job. I've attached a picture if you would like to look at Keisha's.
    Take care
    Anna
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I am so sorry for your loss of Blanca. You did the best thing for her. She will live on in your heart forever.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

So sorry to hear about ur loss. May Blanca now rest in peace.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~