Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready for a laugh @ Joeys expense? *too many pics*

Ready for a laugh @ Joeys expense? *too many pics*

Let me set this up for you...

Joey pees on EVERYTHING! Really, on my couchs, cabinets, his beds, all the kitty beds, just EVERYWHERE he can lift his leg. Since he is still too tiny to fix, I have just grit my teeth and bare it. That is, until last night!

He peed on my couch, and then we on to pee on my purse. THAT IS IT! I ordered him some belly bands, but they take about 4 weeks to come in. I had to improvise!

The following are the results, very funny results, of my solution, and at Joeys expense! ENJOY!

PS- To Joey: I hate to do this too you, but I hope that pubic humiliation might sway your decision to pee my stuff. And no JoJo, this is not aboose! Aboose is having to clean up your potty all over my house... Hope you take this into consideration!

Close your eyes and Pretend you are in a better place....

Fur u Dad.

MORE MORE MORE

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Daddy, wook what Ma did to muh!

Dont u kare? Isnt dis a outwage?

More again...

Ma,Dowa is pickin on muh!

Yup, just a couple more!

I sowwy Ma = (

This is what he thought of the thing...

Hope you all enjoyed, and sorry so many!

I too had to improvise a belly band for Ramone. His was made of a towel and duct tape. He had to wear it exactly 1 day before he was house trained. We kept it on for a week though just to make sure.

I just hope you realize though that neutering Joey is not going to solve the problem. Yes marking is usually brought on by hormones, but it is also a learned behavior. Your just saying there's nothing we can do until he is big enough to be neutered is only serving to teach him that its okay to pee in the house.

I know many people with intact male dogs that live in their houses. They are completely house trained and don't need to use belly bands.

Joey is little though so I guess it's up to you if you want to solve this problem (house train him) or just manage it (use belly bands whenever he's in the house).

Here's a pic of Ramone in his "belly band".

*Thanks Ashley*

Dear Joey,
    We nose that you are hoomiliated by this thwed by Mommy. Peeing will gets you into big twubble unless you uses it to wadder the grassies. When you gets bigger, like me, you can wift your weg and the the twees are fun to pee on. Dont even think of wifting your weg on furniture. I once wifted my weg on the kichen twash can and got into big twubble for dat!

Wags to you from your pal Ripley
    (Mommy wants to type now)

Oh Joey I love you! You look so unhappy in your home-made belly band. I have to say that Mommy is very creative and I think it makes you even more handsome, especially knowing that it will help you to be a good boy until you learn what you are supposed to do. I am sorry that Dora had to see you wearing your belly band. I hope she isn't making fun of you - you know like telling the cats all about it and snickering behind your back!

This picture had me laughing out loud!!!!

Katie, please don't apologize for all of the pictures. I loved each and every one and the captions are precious!!

Wow, Joey, maybe you should move here but then again I don't take much to a dog peeing on everything either. Katie, very creative belly band! Dora probably wonders why you get to wear such a cute belt when she is the girl and needs to be dressed up all the time. I hope the real belly bands arrive soon or you decide rather than be humiliated you will wait and go outside to do your thing. Great pictures of Joey - I think he is very cute!

Not a criticism but I have to agree with Shelteez2, that the belly bands and neutering him are not going to stop this behavior if you are not reinforcing it is a very bad thing to do each time now. Training a puppy does take a lot of time and effort - sometimes far more effort than you would like it too - I have had a much harder time training Tucker than the others. I am not sure why - it may be because he is smaller and can't wait quite as long but I also think he is just a brat sometimes. This is just a suggestion - I have never tried a belly band but I think I would not use it at times when I can give Joey my full attention so I can correct any peeing and use the belly band when I am occupied with something I can't just jump up from, like fixing supper or something like that. These are just my thoughts, Joey is your dog and you know better than I do what kind of time you have and if you think anything would help. Have you thought about using the puppy pads in an area of the house. Some people do that and then gradually move the pad outside so the puppy as he grows gets a better understanding that the peeing part happens outside not in.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Awwww, Joey....me and mommy jus bout laffed our booties off!! Ur expressions are pwiceless! Dont peez on da stuffs in da howse....dat jus gets u putted in time out.

Ur bestest pal, Chopper

For Chopper neutering completely resolved his desire to mark, all dogs are different though and I was aways giving him the "aaatttt!!" when I saw him go to do it. Our Champ is incontinent and drips occasionally and Chopper could not figure out why she was allowed to potty inside and he wasn't. Immediately after he was neutered he never marked again. For the first week though he had to be reminded with the Aaaaattttt! Maybe I was just lucky. I did do time outs in his crate when he was caught in the act after telling him Aaaaatttt, NO! He would sit in there for about 5-10 minutes but he was only allowed out if he was quiet.

Please give that little cutie patootie a big ol' kiss from me.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Oh my goodness, Joey!!! I don't know what to do. This public humiliation must be lowering your self esteem alot. I was wondering if you just started this when Dora came into the family. Could you just be jealous?

You are so doggone cute and tiny. It's so hard to train you little stinkers. I know all about it.

Joey, you better not do this anymore or you may have to have a time out in Florida at Miss Terry's house.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

that first pic is priceless....

what? do I have somehting on my face or what?... why are you all laughing at?...

hope you get your peeing problem solved...and I agree.. just use them when he´s not on your sight... I don´t have male dogs but with Queeq when I can´t be 100% on her I put her ina bathroom with a puppy pad... she pee´s on that (thankfully)... but when i can watche her I´m like going out every 30-40 mins...... and even then we sometimes get accidents...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Terrific photos! Baby Joey, you need to learn to do things right, life is just lots more fun with you after that!

Katie, where on earth did you order from, that they need FOUR WEEKS??? I just got some belly bands for Ozzy from www.pawstoadmire.com, she shipped them out 2 days after I ordered them! And she has almost 100 fabric options as well. And her prices were quite reasonable.

I agree with Sheltezz, you should NOT be tolerating this behaviour, it is teaching the wrong thing. Neutering won't stop this behaviour, only training will.

Ozzy was never house trained. He is now "at least 15," and has a lot of issues to cope with. Training him now is not an option. In fact, the vet is not sure he can control it any longer, with all his other health problems. So I keep him in a belly band in the house. (Dad will at times let Ozzy out and forget to take it off! )

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Joey, you better not do this anymore or you may have to have a time out in Florida at Miss Terry's house.
    LOL.
    Aww Joey, I am sure you are embarrassed but I must admit I think you look really cute in your homemade belly band. I hope Dora doesn't make too much fun of you.

Oh, MY! Joey is adorable!!!! I know your frustration with the potty training. Betina and Jewelz are neither one housebroken! *sigh* At least little dog equals little mess!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

LOL! I thought you all would like it. He does have potty pads, in the house (3 inside) BUT he only either uses it inside (leg lift) OR outside.

I do correct him, but I cant watch him 24/7, so on comes the band. He does not wear it all the time!

And yes, leg lifting started when Dora come home. He knows she is female, and it drives him nuts!

He can get fixed in about 2 months, so hopefully that will stop that habit.

Most of the Chis I have met had a hard time potty training. I do train him, and I do correct this behavior. BUT he is hard headed, and little, and I know that it is pretty normal for a little dog to not be fully trained until a year old.

Sandy, this is a company that hand makes by measurements. Joey is only 7-8 inches around, and all the ones I saw (xxs) were still to big to fit him. I needed a special one for him. They said they have to hand make, and they go by order number. I am still hoping that I get them sooner. (I ordered him a hustler one and a blue one) I believe it was called barkonoumus? I will check, they wre only 4 bucks apiece, and free shipping

Thank you everyone for the nice comments

And I told Joey that two nice ladies wanted him.. Names are Terry and Pam
    He said as long as he doesnt have to be aboosed, he wants to go now

Cute! I don't like the idea of belly bands. They don't resolve the behavior. How much does he weigh? How old is he?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.