Thread: Rest in Peace My Sweet Alex

Rest in Peace My Sweet Alex

My heart is broken in a million little pieces. Alex was a kitty that somehow found his way from one of my colonies (about 5 miles away) to the graveyard across the street from my house. One night, just shy of 6 months ago, I could hear constantly meowing and went across the street to investigate. Low and behold out came Alex. I was so shocked. I figured he was out roaming, but he stayed. I had a feeding area set up for him and he was scared of the cars that would go by. He would run down into the woods when one would come by unless I was standing with him. He was trap smart and I couldn't get him in one to return him to the colony. I decided to let him stay there, feeding him morning and night, since I have a huge coyote problem this year in that colony. With 11 cats already living in my house, and him always being an outdoor cat, I didn't try and incorporatate him into the gang. Last night he got hit by a car. I heard something as a vehicle went by and I had a sickening feeling. I went out and found Alex. Based on his injuries, his death was instantaneous. I wrapped him in two towels and sat and cried my eyes out for him and for all the babies that have disappeared in my colony, many whom I could pet, pick up and give kisses to. Sweet Alex, I loved you dearly and may heart is broken. I know you are safe and happy at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry for your loss. Alex was a member of your family and he KNEW that. His life may have been too short, but he was loved and cared for and he will reunite with you, one fine day.

Ph my no. How sad. Alex knew he could trust you, you could protect him from the mighty metal monsters! How sweet that story is. Hold on to these memories, he had a much better life because of you.

RIP Alex.

Another innocent furbaby has now been added to the RB colony where they are all safe, happy and well fed. Take heart in knowing that Alex knew what it was like to be loved by a hooman.

RIP Little Alex.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Alex Has Arrived At The Rainbow Bridge Where There Are No Cars, And Everythings So Peaceful And Serene.
    And Theres A Midnight Dinner For Alex On The Beaches Of St Thomas And Hes Got The Forst Choice Of The Hotel Room Service Menu.
    Sadly He Wanted His Freedom , But Freedom Comes At A Cost.
    He Will Join My Porch Angels At Thier Strip Mall, Where He Will Live In Luxury , And Where He Will Meet You, His Guardian, In Love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry. Poor little guy was taken too soon.

I don't know how you do it with the colonies. I don't think I could handle all the heartbreak that comes with that.

Rest in Peace sweet Alex.

From Decker with Love

{{{{hugs}}}}

Alex knew where home was - where his heart was and is, where he was loved.

I'm so sorry for your pain and heartbreak.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It's been said before but bears repeating: sometimes we can save them only for a day. You saved Alex for a longer time than that and he was grateful. He knew where to come for "soul food", meaning safety and love and he found it w/you, if only for a little while. Peace to you and RIP, Alex.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry.

I know he was special to you because there is always something special about a feral that learns to trust you and depend on you for food and love.

RIP Alex.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

I'm so sorry Alex was taken away. He came all that way to be close to you, and knew he was loved.

Rest in peace, Alex!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sleep softly, sweet Alex...
    Nine is Fine!!

I am so sorry to hear about Alex. RIP.

I am so sorry about Alex. He was a lucky kitty to have known and been loved by you.

RIP Alex
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)