Thread: late night vet visit with Emma

late night vet visit with Emma

I just got back a few minutes ago, had to take Emma to the emergency vet, I noticed a couple hours ago that she was holding her left eye completely closed... I thought, oh no not her too now! but I think she got into a fight with Muffin, they don't get along anymore, since Emma and Louise have been protecting the kittens from Muffin, that or it is a battle of the alpha cat, something like that.
    I started thinking t might be a scratch and not the virus so I called and they said I should bring her in...
    anyway, the dr stained her eye, and said that she has no visible scratch, and gave me a triple antibiotic ointment to give her 4 times a day over the weekend and follow up with the regular vet Monday... but I'm thinking I like the tonight's
    vet better, I wonder if they treat cats other than emergency...
    I have an appt. for Louise with the opthamologist (spelling?)
    Monday morning. ( which is also at that er clinic) too if I can add him to the appt, they said to call and ask in the morning. I should have gone there in the first place, but the vet said
    they are expensive
    well it would have been cheaper in the long run to do that instead of all these trips to the vet!

I just think if I had brought Patches to the opthamoligist in the first place he would have possibly been over this and the others would not have got it. Emma also has a scratch over her eye, so I guess that would have happend anyway

well I will post an update on Monday..........
    I wanted to sponser one or maybe 2 cats, and I still am but it is going to have to wait til next month! And I have a cold for the last several days,I feel like crap! I am so sick of taking cats to vets! oh well, what would I ever do without my babies?
    Faith in God

I'm so sorry to hear about Emma's eye problems. If you like this vet better then you should continue to see him/her. I sure hope that all of your cats will get better soon and continue to stay healthly. I'm also sorry that Muffin isn't getting along with Emma or the kittens. Maybe you'll need to see a pet psychologist after all. I'm also sorry to hear that you have a cold. You probably got it because of all the stress that you've been having lately. Good luck and take care.

KrazyAboutKats

thanks so much! I'm sure I will feel better in a day or 2!
    oh I know things will work out soon, just have to get them over this darn stubborn eye virus, and keep Muffin separate, and things will be okay... this has been quite a year, lost a cat, and then adopted 4 more! have to expect some adjustment etc.
    Faith in God