Thread: Rats need new home ASAP

Rats need new home ASAP

A good friend of mine has become very allergic to her rats. She can hardly touch them without breaking out in a rash. Shes very upset as her & her boyfriend love them very much.

If anyone can take them in, or knows of someone in The Greater Toronto Area that can take them, please let me know ASAP.

She lives in Brampton & I can bring them to Markham (Woodbine and 407 area) in the early morning only (I work there), or bring them to Mississauga (Dixie and Bloor area) as I live near there.

They are FREE, but only to a good home!!

Here is a little info on them.

==========
    1 white female fancy hooded rat i got them when they were 2 months old. I'm guessing there arround 1 yr old since iv hade them since Nov

1 white/grey/black female hooded rat same age as the other

1 white,brownish female hooded rat,same age

1 black female dumbo rat, same age

-they are all very calm rats that love attention & like to play at time.
    -very quit too.
    -love to eat & chew on stuff lol
    -they come with 2 story cage, food dish, water bottle, food, & rodent shampoo.
    ========

She is also willing to give them to a rescue/shelter, but we don't know which rescues/shelters are really safe for pet rats. SHe really doesn't want them to become snake food, or have them dumped into a petstore, which will prob. turn them into snake food. if you know of one, please let us know.

Please Email me & I'll forward your email to her.

There is a rat rescue in Barrie Ontario if she is willing to go that far. The rescue is called Mumsy Rat Rescue. She makes trips to the GTA sometimes so it could work out. I will get the e-mail for your friend---- [email protected]

She is very nice, I have met her before and loves rats very much and seems good at finding them homes.

I wish I could take them myself but my parents would never go for it hehe.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Thank you!! Sent her the info

No problem =)

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Hamster View Post
    No problem =)
    She just told me that shes now getting unpleasent emails from random people to sites shes been advertizing on. They are mad that shes not keeping them, JUST because of allergies.

Its one thing to sneeze a little, but she can't clean or touch them anymore & its slowly effecting her breathing (meds aren't helping at all), so they have to go. She is very upset, & shes not tossing them away like people are thinking she is. Shes heart broken over loosing them, so shes keeping them until she finds a safe place for them & shes really hoping that Rat rescue will accept them, becuase they have been neglected their much needed cuddling, as her b/f & friends can only give them so much attention.

Some people can just be assuming jerks sometimes.

Thats sad. I see it as that your friend is being responsible in the light of her own health and the concern of the rats. If she can't do what she needs to do without her allergies coming on then it isn't fair to the rats. She is being responible by taking the time to find them new loving homes. I for one and proud of anyone who takes the time to make sure their pets lives are better even if it means giving them up.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Thats how I see things like this. Its people who go, *cough* & dump their pet into the pound that upset me. So many don't try or even care. I'm allergic to my dog, but not nearly enough to make me get rid of her. I just get itchy eyes sometimes & might break out in the odd hive. Put Tracy turnes into a hive the second she touches them & the hives don't go away quickly either, so thats an issue. Thats why I don't want any cats. I'm too allergic to them. I will grow ammune to individuals, but I'll go through hell getting there, & its my personal choice to just not get a cat cause of it. But if doo doo happens & one is dumped on me in REAL need of TLC, then I'll have sucker wriotten all over me.. but it doesn't effect my breathing at all, so I'll live for sure.

EDIT!!

WOOHOO!! the rescue lady is coming for the rats this tue!! My friend found her # & gave her a call. Turns out the rescue lady thought she emailed my friend with a new date.

My friend is so happy the rats will be in a safe place!! She has been so worried for so many weeks. Thank you soooo much for that lady's rescue group! My friend is truely thankful!!

No problem! I am glad she finally got them a home!

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

That's sad that people are sending her rude emails. She loves them but you can't help what you're allergic to. Atleast she is finding them good homes and not just giving them to anyone that comes along and wants them, you know? tell her to ignore them,,she is doing the best anyone else in her position could do.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    That's sad that people are sending her rude emails. She loves them but you can't help what you're allergic to. Atleast she is finding them good homes and not just giving them to anyone that comes along and wants them, you know? tell her to ignore them,,she is doing the best anyone else in her position could do.
    I told her to tell those jerks where to go & how to do it. I made sure she understood she is doing the best thing for her and the rats.

She still has Degus, but shes hoping shes not allergic to them some how. SHe said she can handle them just fine, but if her breathing doesn't improve in a few months, they'll have to go to. She'll be extra devistated if they have to go. SHe feels like shes failed them.

If they have to go too, I'm going to give her Mr. Smith, & I'll lend her my tank so she wont have to spend too much $$ on him right away.

Mr. Smith is a Red Eared Slider I rescued a few months ago. He is 17yrs old & I'll only send him to a home I know that'll spoil him rotten!!. She can't be allergic to him, so she can play with him all she wants & she wont get ill, & He'll have someone who can spoil him rotten (I just can't afford to spoil him rotten, so he only gets really good care :P).