Thread: I'm done with this chick Paula

I'm done with this chick Paula

I feel like I've been taken for granted. I told her that since she'll be moving on the 25th, she can take her cat back (she lost her live in respite care assignment). She went off on me and said that I promised to keep Buddy. I told her that I would place both Ari and Buddy on the shelter websites and whoever got adopted, I would keep the other. She went off on me and said that I was the one that talked her into letting Buddy go to a good home. I tried to explain to her that right now, because of kitten season, the shelters are jammed. I also told her that since she'd be home in her new place she'd be able to take Buddy back. She was furious. She said. "Thanks for nothing!!!" I asked her if she wanted the household items my friend (the one that's not talking to me) and she said keep it, she wanted nothing from me. It was a major argument and I stayed as calm as I could. I am thoroughly disgusted after all I did for her. I asked her where she got her cat fixed and vaccinated and she had no clue. Which makes it difficult to place him. I'm not even sure he was tested for Leukemia and Aids. I know that MY vet records for all my cats are impeccable.

I asked her what person would get up at the butt crack of dawn and drive 30 minutes to rescue a woman I know nothing about, take her to her shelter and then go back again to rescue her cat and all her belongings????

Since she doesn't want any of the household goods my friend was kind enough to donate to her, I'm going to sell them at a flea market and using the money to pay the euthanization of Baby Liam. That bill is $100. My vet is so wonderful and will let me make payments. I've been going to him for over 8 years and wouldn't trust my cats to anyone else,

I've deleted her phone number from my phone and have no plans on taking any of her calls.

I've used up alot of my minutes calling shelter after shelter with no luck. I'm expecting a call from the Director of the Westport Humane Society on Monday who says she can probably take Buddy. They have a very different class of people living in Westport so anyone who adopts him will give him the love and care he truly needs. I am not looking forward to driving all the way to Westport cuz I'm short on gas.

This upset me alot because I went out of my way to help her and all I get is whining about how miserable her life is.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't blame you for being furious, i would be too. After all you have done for her and she act like that to you would and does disgust me .

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I've used up alot of my minutes calling shelter after shelter with no luck. I'm expecting a call from the Director of the Westport Humane Society on Monday who says she can probably take Buddy. They have a very different class of people living in Westport so anyone who adopts him will give him the love and care he truly needs. I am not looking forward to driving all the way to Westport cuz I'm short on gas.
    So is this a kill shelter?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

No why, would YOU like to adopt him?? If not, then don't even go there.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I'm sorry this women was so ungrateful. Unfourtunately, many people are the same way. You should feel good about what YOU did for her and just ignore her calls, etc. She doesn't deserve a friend like you that would help her. What a piece of work.

Some people just have to have someone else to blame for everything and she sounds like she is one of those.... That is probably the reason you were the only one there to help her.. There are a lot of people that just think the world is there to serve them and live off the kind hearts of others.. She is one of those. Forget about her and she will move on to the next kind hearted person.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Not to make excuses (don't owe anyone an excuse, even you Scootersmom), but the Westport Humane Society has foster homes that he can go to AND, Westport is a very rich, affluent town with a totally different class of people. If this gives Baby even a remote chance of finding a home he truly deserves, then that is what I'm going to do.

Answer your question Scootersmom???

Donna,
    Please don't go off on me.

If it were a kill shelter I was going to call the ONLY person I know in Connecticut and offer to pay for him to take the cat. Bryan can't afford it, but I would have sent him money for food and vet care. Even though I can't afford it either. He could have at least kept the kitty long enough to find a permanent home for the kitty. Bryan is in Vernon, btw.

I realize you're stressed, but before you go jumping all over me for asking that question, maybe you should have found out WHY.

Since the kitty is not in danger of a kill shelter, I won't bother my friend - since he can't afford another pet at the moment. Disabled veterans don't make much money.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Crystal,

I'm sorry for going off on your like that. Yes, I am TOTALLY stressed out at this point. Thank you for thinking of your friend. I appreciate your offer and truly apologize for barking. This is my problem right now and I'm just at my wits end. I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow.

The Westport Humane Society is a no-kill Shelter. I made sure of that. I'm in the middle of making arrangements for him to go there. I'm awaiting a phone call back. I've also found someone who will transport him there.

Donna, the stress is getting to you, to be sure, and all of this will calm down and be a thing of the past soon. I wish I lived nearby; I would definitely be there for support and to help you in any way that I could. I'll light a candle for you tonight during my devotions and you know that you always have my prayers. The Fur Posse says to hang in there, girl!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Has Buddy gone to the shelter yet? Just wondering if he has found his forever home yet.

He's staying right here with me till I can find him a home. My cats have finally pretty much accepted him. MooShoo still has a thing for him. But Buddy willl either hop to the top of the cabinets (Moo couldn't do it if he WANTED to!)) or run underneath the futon (Again, Moo is too fat to get under). So I guess things are a lot better than they have been in the past. Only thing is I have to put Buddy in the bathroom at night as he's noctournal and gets into mischief.

He DID have an appt this morning for a possible home placement. Didn't work out. The woman, who was Russian and had to have her son translate everything, held the cat up like a hunk of meat. They had a beautifull Maine Coon mix that was an indoor/outdoor and went missing.

A flash went off in my head. I immediatelly told her that Buddy had to be indoors only. Their home was beautiful (LOTS of oriental rugs, etc). And could not be declawed. She said that she wanted 2 tiger kittens.

So the Budster is back at my house and doing great!!!

Oh, Donna - I hope he doesn't become a pee-er again...then he might have a chance?

Is Hairy Ari still there?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so glad he's still at your house and I hope he's not peeing on your things anymore. I hope you will be able to find a great home for him. Thanks for caring about him. He looks like such a sweet boy.