Thread: Indiana - abandoned Pit Bull

Indiana - abandoned Pit Bull

There was a six month old Pit Bull pup abandoned a couple of weeks ago at the vet clinic I work at. The staff loves him and everybody wants to take him home...they just don't have room. I was hopefully going to bring him home myself, but a foster home fell through and the other animals in my house weren't so agreeable (mainly the kitty and old fart male dog).
    I put an ad on craigslist and had a potential home for him...and it just fell through.

This Pittie is the BEST boy and really needs a stable home. He hates it in the kennels and needs an enviornment he can thrive in, not degrade in. He's still at an impressionable age and needs to be worked with NOW, not later when bad habits have been ingrained.

I didn't know if there was anyone in the Indiana area that was interested in adding a new dog to their family...or if anyone know of a rescue I might be able to contact to see if they could put up a courtesy listing. Let me know if you want anymore information. He is nuetered and UTD on all shots. Weighs 32 pounds.

Here are a couple of pictures of him. I have a ton more:

~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

I am in love. I would love to adopt him but we have too many animals as it is. I just adore pit bulls and he looks like a sweetie. I hope someone wonderful comes along for him. please keep us updated and give the big guy a hug for me.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Someone just contacted me for more information on him and it sounds promising. *Hopefully* this home will work out.

If we didn't have Blackie I would have pitched a fit to keep Dexter myself (we decided to call him Dexter), but Blackie was not having any of it. We kept them completely seperate (inside/outside), but as soon as we did a switch and Blackie smelled Dexter, Blackie went balistic. Ears and tail up, nose going 100mph, barking at weird noises that could have been the dog. It just wouldn't have been safe to keep playing musical doggies.

Chloe LOVED him though. I wasn't sure how either one would react but they were instant best buds and played forever.
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

I pray it all works out for Dexter. Please keep us updated.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Where in Indiana are you? I wish I could take him. I love pitties and he has Brick's ears! I hope you can find a home for him! Don't give up!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.